Chapter Eleven

Makoto sealed away his confusion with a kiss to Akihiko's lips. He smiled into the kiss, but he still could not shake off the fact that something felt... Well, wrong, about his newfound relationship. He just did not know what. The door of the room creaked open, revealing a seriously pissed off Nagisa and a very disappointed Rei.

"I swear!" Nagisa cried in a tone of voice Makoto had never heard him in. "I will cut you down, Fujioka! I will skin you! How about losing a limb one by one?! I'LL DO THAT TO YOU!"

"Nagisa-kun!" Rei hissed, attempting to stop the boy once again. Once the boy had calmed down to a degree, Rei added a hushed, "later." Nagisa, though not his happiest, nodded and smiled.

"How's Haruka?" Sousuke asked, breaking off of the topic they were recently on. Makoto's eyes widened before a look of shame passed through.

"I... Haven't ch-"

"Mako-chan! You're here because he got stabbed!" Nagisa cried, having enough. "And you decide it's the appropriate to make out with Fujioka, mind you, in front of Haru-chan?! What is wrong with you?! Can't you tell that-"

"That's enough, Nagisa." A firm yet soft voice cut in.

"H-h-h-Haru?!" Makoto cried out, surprised. "Th-the nurses sa-said yo-you'd be o-out fo-for we-weeks!"

"Well, then I'm just a fast healer." Haru retorted, a coughing fit following soon after.

"I'll believe that once you're done coughing up blood." Makoto smiled. Haru sighed at Makoto's behavior. Just a minute ago, he accepted a relationship with Akihiko and made out with him in front of Haru's bed. Haru just clicked his tongue and turned away. "Oh Haru!" Makoto whined before pouncing onto him. He was a mess of tears and snot, rubbing all o that onto Haru.

The flash of a camera interrupted Makoto's worry session.

"Nagisa!" Makoto complained, pulling away from Haru much to Haru's dismay. "Don't tease me!"

"So Makoto, I have to pop home to watch my... Er... dog!" Akihiko lied. "My mom has to go to work."

"At six at night?" Rin asked, speaking up. "This doesn't add up."

"I don't need your confirmation for what I do." Akihiko growled, narrowing his eyes. He shoved passed Rin and exited the room, fuming.

"What's his problem..?" Rin muttered under his breath before turning to Haru. "How ya' feeling, dolphin boy?"

"Like I got stabbed in my sleep by someone." Haru grumbled, nodding to the door. Rin's eyes widened. Aki..? No, not possible.

"I don't like him." Nagisa sneered before returning back to his normal happy self. "Haru-chaaaan! You're okay!" Haru grunted in pain as Nagisa launched himself onto Haru's chest. Soon enough, everyone but Sousuke was clutching onto Haru as if he were their lifeline. Haru winced, tears threatening to prick as one of the four guys squeezing into Haru hit his arm. He felt the familiar warmth of blood on his arm once more, signaling him that the wound had reopened.

"Itai..." Haru groaned. Growing light headed already, he decided to let the group know. "Please... Get off..." They scrambled to their feet, regret and worrisome looks passed about.

"Gomen, Haru-chan." Haru apologized sheepishly.

"And I, too, Haruka-senpai." Rei stated, ashamed.

"I'm sorry Haru-chan!" Makoto wailed. "I wasn't paying attention, and then i made you bleed, and-"

"Makoto,  I'm fine." Haru said through gritted teeth. Had he really just forgot what he did just then? "I just want to sleep." Forever. Makoto closed his eyes and smiled at Haru.

"Sure Haru, call me if you need something! I'll be there whenever you need me!" Haru sighed mentally, bitter thoughts filling his brain.

'But you aren't.' He thought sadly. 'You'll go off with Akihiko and forget about me again. That's why I should do this. So I won't be in your way anymore. Just forget about me and move on. Fall in love with Akihiko and leave me behind once more.'

Haru closed his eyes, whispering a soft goodbye to the rest of the group as they left him in the darkness of his hospital room. Shaky fingers lifted up, weakly gripping into the machine that kept him alive. Without it, he wouldn't be able to breath, and without breathing he'd die.

'Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.'

His eyes brimmed with tears as Makoto crossed his mind once more.

"I'm sorry Makoto." Haru whimpered. "I just can't stand it anymore." So Haru tool a deep breath...

And pulled.