Chapter Three

Makoto just didn't understand Haru sometimes.

Not that Haru was strange or anything, (at least Makoto would never say he was), he was just unpredictable at times. It frustrated Makoto when he couldn't understand Haru, but he would always hide it. It would be selfish to be frustrated at his friend just because he couldn't read his mind.

God, it sounded cruel just thinking about it.

But it still annoyed him. It's as if the moment Makoto introduced Haru to Akihiko, Haru hated him- which wasn't strange in Haru's nature, it just annoyed Makoto. Couldn't Haru just be happy that Makoto had made a new friend?

Makoto blinked in surprise at his outlandish thoughts. Slapping his cheeks twice, Makoto abandoned his bitter thoughts, and turned back to Akihiko who was watching him.

"So.. what do you want to know?" Makoto asked.

"Well.. I'm curious as to how you two," Akihiko gestured to Makoto and Haru. "Are so close. I mean, it's kinda strange how kind, talkative, Makotokun is attached by the hip to cold, silent, Haru-chan." Haru mumbled something under his breath which went unnoticed by the other two joyful teens.

"Sure, Aki-chan!" Haru flinched. "Well, I met Haru because him mom," Another flinch. "And my mom were best friends, so I guess it was only natural that when they had kids that they would bring the two baby boys together. So, I guess since we've always been together, it's only natural that Haru and I are so happy together. And, after years of knowing Haru, you really get to understand him, and-"

"Makoto." Haru cut in, having enough of Makoto ramble about him. Makoto grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry, Haru!" Makoto apologized. "Anything else, Aki-chan?"

"I have one for Haru-chan!" Akihiko exclaimed. "What's with your obsession with swimming, Haru-chan?"

"Nanase." Haru grumbled. "I don't know you, therefore calling me Haru-chan is rude. So call me Nanase."

"Haru-" Makoto tried in vain. Haru would not budge. Makoto sighed. "At least answer his question."

"I'm not answering a question to someone I don't know."

"Then answer his question to get to know him!"

"Too much effort."

"Haru!" Makoto exclaimed, elongating the 'u' as if to irritate him. "Be nice! Aki-chan just wanted to know why."

"No."

"Is there a reason as to why you're so unfriendly today?"

"Not really." Akihiko snorted, a giggle following and then  hysterical laughter.

"You guys act as if you're a married couple! Well, sorry to break the news, but Makoto's mine, Haru-chan." Akihiko smirked, only half joking. Haru sent a glare his way, his pacific eyes shooting daggers into Akihiko's  amber ones. Makoto smiled, assuming that the two were joking around with each other. Content that Haru had finally extended his group of his friends, he spared a glance at his watch only to jump up and wave his arms around frantically.

"We're gonna be late! Late!" Makoto cried, cutting off his two friend's glare session. Akihiko jumped up, snatching up his satchel.

"Makoto-kun, you go on ahead!" Akihiko stated. "I want to talk to Haru about something!"

"H-hai!" Makoto agreed, seeing no harm in doing so. "Just don't take too long." And with that, he scrambled out the door, muttering a few apologies to the walls he rammed into. Akihiko waited a little until he was sure Makoto was gone before turning back to Haru. Instantly, his heartwarming smile disapeared off of his face, leaving a menacing look dancing in his eyes.

"Haruka," He started, his voice low and threatening. "I'll make this quick and to the point." He pushed his large bulky glasses up his nose, reminding Haru of his friend Rei. He quickly dismissed the idea. For the two years he knew Rei, he knew it would be a huge insult calling him similar to Akihiko. "I don't like you."

"That makes two of us." Haru interjected, voice deep and cool.

"Glad that we're on the same page." Akihiko smiled bitterly. "But I like Makoto, and I don't need you to ruin my chances with him. So stay away from him. I don't care if he aproaches you, turn the other way and walk away. Quit your swimming club if you need to." That did it. Haru stepped forward, his eyes poisonous.

"I don't care for your plans." He muttered. "But you can't step in between my friendship with Makoto, and you sure as hell can't stop me from swimming." He tried to turn away, but Akihiko wasn't done. Akihiko growled before grabbing Haru's shoulder and shoved him up against the wall.

"I don't want to have to hurt you, Haruka, but if that's what you desire..." Akihiko taunted before all emotion was wiped off his face. He pulled back his arm before curling his hand into a fist and pounded his balled hand into Haru's calm face. The crack that came from Haru's nose humored Akihiko. He let out a vilanous laugh before punching Haru's face again. He let go of Haru and watched in satisfaction as the ravenette's limp body slid down the wall. He examined his fists and wiped the blood off onto Haru's clothes before taking his leave.

"Try to ruin my plans again, and I'll return that pain tenfold, Nanase Haruka."