Chapter Ten

A/N: just a mini chapter accompanied by a bigger one. I honestly couldn't find another way to start or end this. Jus take eet n dun coompleen.

Haru was enclosed in darkness.

It was a calm darkness and it held the feeling of being enveloped in a hug by a mother. It felt familiar and it felt safe.

Until the voices appeared.

Haru was floating in the blackness when the sudden voices annoyed him. They were faint, as if they were far away, as well as they were weak as if they were underwater. The broken up words formed broken sentences that Haru had a hard time deciphering.

"Ma..-kun, ...talk... You?" A distant voice asked.

"S....out-" The voice sent shivers down Haru's spine. It was so soft, so friendly, so kind. As if he could seek sanctuary in the voice alone.

"Why... N-.. Here? O... rs.. Leave." Haru attempted to focus on the words. Slowly they started to form sentences themselves.

"-...know how...say this...a-... I've liked... You...long time...will you go out with..." This snapped Haru out of his daze. If that was Akihiko...

"Huh?" And that was Makoto... Then...

"Oh Makoto," by then the voices were clear. "You stupid oaf, kiss me!" Haru began to panic. Makoto was being taken. Makoto's first kiss was to be kissing Haru! His heart raced in anger. How could he have been so stupid and to let Akihiko get Makoto first!

"I..." Makoto started. Haru's ears perked up at Makoto's voice.

'Please say no, Makoto. You guys don't belong together.'

"Makoto?" Akihiko asked, hopefully.

"Ehh... Sure, why not! You're nice, friendly, and sweet, what could go wrong?"

'He... What...' Haru asked, crestfallen. 'Makoto said... Yes..?' Haru's world came crashing down. How could Makoto have betrayed him like that?

With a heavy heart, full of sorrows, Nanase Haruka gave up.