28. Cuddles

"Hello, is this Olivia?"

"Yes, it is her. Who is this?" I answered back into my phone.

"It's Moira, Blake's mom. He woke up and he wants to see you." I gulped back my saliva. Instead of happiness, I welcomed a strange hesitation as I recalled what Archer said about Blake last night.

"Okay, Mrs. Turner, I will be right there." I ended the call and got up from my bed.

Archer was still passed out because of his last night's episode on his bed.

I quickly showered and decided to wear clothes that could be passed as a girl's or a boy's.

I caught a cab and reached the hospital within the next twenty minutes. Taking off my wig and shoving it in my bag, I hurried towards Blake's room and saw his Mom sitting next to a conscious him on the bed.

"Hi?" I hesitantly said when they still hadn't notice me enter the room.

His mom looks surprised and cleared her throat. "Hi, Olivia, it's nice to see you again. I will leave you two both alone now."

"The pleasure is all mine, Mrs. Turner." I smile at her and she smiles back.

As soon as she exits the room, I slowly walk towards Blake.

'He got my sister killed.' Archer's voice keeps saying in my head.

A part of me wants to turn around and run but another part of me wants to stay. I choose the latter one.

I am just at the foot of Blake's bed when he smiles widely at me.

I try to smile back, but end up grimacing as I scan his slightly pale face.

"Hi." My voice sounds strained, even to my own ears.

"Hey." He croaks back, his voice raspy.

"How are you feeling, now?" I ask.

"Much better since you are here." He said and extended his hand towards me, grabbing my arm and slightly tugging me forward.

I walk towards him and sit next to him on his bed.

We both sit in silence, at a loss for words. I decide the break the thick air.

"How did this happen?"

Ha jaw tightened and he moves his eyes away from mine.

"You really don't want to know."

"But I do."

"Fine. I went to a club and I got into a fight. As simple as that." The words roll off his tongue and he looks away while he speaks.

"You are lying." It is clear by the look on his face that I can see through his lie but he tries to deny it.

"No, I am not."

Nodding, I say nothing else and get up from the bed.

"I have to leave now, Blake. I will see you later."

"Okay." He says and unable to meet his eyes, I drag myself out of the room.

* * *

"Oh my God! Why do we still have that hideous creature in our room?" I screamed and backed away as soon as my gaze locked on the eight legged freak.

"What? Are you telling me that you just noticed Mr. Crawls? He has been here the whole past week." Archer said and let out a snort.

"No.... You are kidding! It was not there, I am sure."

He looked at me like I lost my mind and was soon going to run around in the streets naked.

"You are crazy." He said and laid back on his bed, making his sweatpants go lower, exposing his V-line. I gulped back my saliva as I suddenly became very aware of his shirtless body.

Get your mind out of the gutter, Olives!

I sat back on my bed and started working on my half finished essay, my eyes shifting constantly from my laptop screen to Archer's lying form.

An hour passed and I was almost finishing my essay, giving it some last final touches when I realized that Archer was snoring away.

Snores did bother me, but his weren't loud, they were soft and exposed a side of him that no one saw. A sudden sense of happiness flooded through me when I realized that I was the only one who witnessed this soft and peaceful side.

A giggle escaped my lips and I somehow found myself sitting next to him on his bed. His hair covered his forehead and my hand involuntarily brushed through it, pushing it back.

His snores stopped and fearing that I had woken him up, I quietly but quickly got up to leave but a hand caught mine, stopping me.

Archer's hand gripped my arm and he tugged me forward, pushing me right next to him. I realized that he still hadn't woken up when he twisted towards his right, still having a tight hold on me.

"Don't go... Please." Archer said in his sleep.

I laid confused, at first I thought he was talking to me, but my doubt was proven to be wrong when droplets of sweat glistened his forehead.

"Thea, I am so sorry, I shouldn't have said that... Please don't go..." Thea? I frowned as soon as the name registered in my head.

Was he seeing someone else? Was he in love with some girl named Thea?

I frowned and my head clouded with confusion. I felt a slight pang of pain in my chest.

A few minutes passed and Archer snuggled close to me, squirming.

"You are not here because of me... I should have never let you go. First, we lost mom and dad and now you're gone too..." He mumbled in his sleep, but I caught all the words without any trouble.

It all suddenly made sense. Thea was his sister.

I snuggled closer to him, and hugged him until sleep consumed me too, not caring about what the future had in store for us. Cuddling seemed like a better option than worrying right now and letting go wasn't an option.

* * *

A/N: I hope you all liked this chapter! Please leave a comment and vote!

Song: Cold Water - Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber and (I am seriously obsessed with this song right now.💜💞)

Thank you! :)❤