18. Accidents And Coincidences

"Ouch! It burns." I screamed as the nurse applied some antiseptic with a cotton ball on my leg. I fell down while practicing and my knee is bleeding like an erupted volcano, pushing blood out instead of lava.

I winced as she pressed a little too hard and started to wrap a bandage around my knee.

When she was done, I got up and stumbled back to the field to collect my equipment.

As I was bending down to pick up my bag, with pain shooting up my leg, a lean hand quickly slipped in front of me and caught hold of my belongings. I looked up to see Archer who passed me my bag.

"Are you alright?" He asked in a soft tone shockingly.

Well, you should have thought about my health before 'accidentally' pushing me off the field.

"Yes, I am fine." I groaned.

"See, I am sorry. It was an accident and since, you are quite prone to accidental things, it shouldn't even bother you that much."

He does not let things go that easily.

I did not give a reply to his snark comment and started to head back to my room.

As I stumbled back to my room, I saw something totally unexpected. I could not believe my eyes. Standing in front of a door right across our room was Blake Turner. Uh, oh. This is really bad!

I slipped back into the elevator and waited for him to enter his room. I went back two floors and came back in hope tgaat he might have pulled his luggage in the room by then.

This is not good. Sooner or later, Blake will come face to face with me and I will be in trouble. He will definitely recognize me.

I peeked about the corridor to see if he was still there, but to my satisfaction, he was gone. Although, a voice so close to my ear, scared the shit out of me and made my heart jump out of my chest.

"Who are you hiding from?" Archer spoke in my ear, making my skin tingle and my legs turn to jelly. Well, one of my leg already felt like jelly because of all the blood it had shed, but his voice was doing things to me that I was too scared to talk about.

" Oh! It's only you. I- I am not hiding from anyone." I whispered back.

He just shook his head and moved past me in the corridor and towards our room. I followed him and as soon as I was in the room, I fell on my bed.

"I am so tired!" I screamed into my pillow and Archer just ignored me.

I did not say anything else and soon found myself falling asleep when my phone started to ring.

" Hellooo...? " I said groggily as I received the call.

I looked around the room to see that Archer was gone.

"Olivia? Are you there?"

"Yes mom. What's up?"

"Your brother. He is not picking up his phone. Have you talked to him recently or should I go to his school to talk to him? "

"No, mom, don't go there! I talked to him this morning. He is doing fine."

"Okay, well, try reaching him, and please do ask him to come to the wedding on Sunday."

"Uhh... Mom? I kind of already told him about the wedding and he said that he won't be able to come."

"What? Why not? "

"Um... He said something about a school trip and said he didn't want to miss it."

"He should have asked me before. I should go and meet him. Anyway, do you know where he is going?"