17. The First Answer

Song: Secrets - One Republic

"I want to know why you said my name in your sleep."

'Oh My God, how dare you accuse me of that?' ' I did what? Excuse me! no, you must be mistaken mister. I would never do such an absurd thing.' I wanted to say all that aloud but all that escaped me was a really loud gasp followed by a series of unidentifiable syllables.

"No- I , Okay, nothing like this happened...and even if it did, I don't even remember." I muttered.

"It was loud and clear if I remember correctly and you were mumbling something about... finding out about a clue that leads you closer to me. What is all this about?" Oh thank god it's just that but ... oh no, I am dead meat now!

"Archer, I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't even remember the dream at all and it does not make any sense!"

"It will be better if it did not but something tells me that you have been up to something fishy and I won't tolerate it. My life is none of your business and you better stay out of it. I am saying this for what seems like the millionth time, but it just passes right through your thick head. I DON'T WANT YOUR FUCKING HELP! "

He so does.

"And just to inform you before you start panicking and looking all over the town for me, I will be gone for the weekend. "

Well at least he told me that he will be gone, but is he going to the wedding? It is possible that he is related to Oliver, because I am quite sure he does not have any connection with Lucy.

"Where are you going?"

"Here we go again. Didn't all the things I just now said give you the message that I am not open to all of your meaningless questions? Stop interfering in my life and this is the last time I am telling you this. Stay away from me or your life will be hell." He moved dangerously close to me and sneered, "Is this clear?" 

I gulped down my saliva and nodded my head. "Crystal."

*---*---*---*

I went to the dining hall to have dinner with Dylan and Luke. They both were suspiciously quite tonight. Deciding not to break the awkward silence, I shoved down my strawberry yogurt down my throat in a hurry. After quickly finishing my meal, I left the two boys alone. While, I was heading back, I ran into Mike. You know- the nerdy guy Mike.

"Hey, Mike! How are you doing?"

"Hi, Jacob! I am great. I see you have reunited with Archer's gang."

"Well, not exactly reunited with 'Archer's gang' considering the fact that Archer usually does not show up for dinner and seems to be missing most of the time of the day."

"Well, yes. Um...Why didn't you show up for Biology today?"

I laughed awkwardly, "I kind of didn't wake up today..." My cheeks turned red in embarrassment.

"That's alright. It has happened to me before. So anyway, Mr. Walter assigned us our lab partners today and you are my partner." He smiled.

"That's amazing! I will see you in class on Monday then."

"Sure, Bye!"

I was curious about Archer's disappearance , so I decided to pay the basement a visit. My guess was right, he was in the basement, practicing Karate with his Bo staff.

"So, I have heard that using a bo staff requires a lot of practice, skill and patience." I said and Archer looked shocked and surprised to see me. A sense of satisfaction flowed through me to catch him off guard for once.