14. The Nightmare And The Secret Spot

This gif will make more sense after you read the chapter. :P (lol wtf is this chapter? Wth did I write. I am so embarrassed)

Getting sleep that night was a challenge. The biggest fear and the biggest mystery in my life were trapped with me in this small room. I continuously tossed and turned but as soon as tried to shut my eyes, I would just open them hardly after ten seconds. Something was not right but Archer's soft snores and exhaustion soon lulled me into a slumber.

Little did I know that my sleep won't last for long. I was woken up around two or three o'clock by a scream. I hurriedly switched on the side lamp to see a sweating Archer on his bed, clutching the sheets. He screamed again and this time, I got up and rushed to his side.

"Archer, Archer! Wake up! Are you alright?" I asked in a worried tone.

He was breathing hard when he opened his eyes and he got up a little too quickly and banged his head with mine.

"Ouch! Archer, are you okay?"

It took him a few seconds to register everything happening.

"I am fine. It's ok-" He replied, his voice breaking.

I got up and poured him a glass of water and handed it over to him. He clutched the glass so tightly that I thought it might break. With shaking hands, he brought the glass to his lips and gulped all the water in one go.

"Had a nightmare Archer?" I tried to sound concerned but it came out in a teasing tone.

"No, nothing like that." He said while giving me a sharp look.

I didn't inquire further, thinking that I will ask him about all this later.

"What time is it anyway?"

"It's 2:30 " I replied as I checked the clock on my night stand.

His eyes widened and he got up from his bed in a quick and swift motion.

"What?! I have to go."

"Where do you have to go at fudging two in the morning?"

"Do I ask you where you go at four everyday?" He challenged and raised an eyebrow. I gulped in fear.

"I just have to go and I want you to stop interfering in my life." He gave me a look that screamed don't you dare try to stop me.

Deciding that it was none of my business, I just headed back to my bed as I heard him going out of the room and closing the door with a soft thud.

I just couldn't sleep again, so I decided to start my day earlier than usual. I showered quickly and around four, headed down to the field for practicing. Since I had plenty of time, I decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator this once.

Lost in my thoughts, I missed the exit to the ground floor and continued to go down, to the basement of the building.

Wait, I didn't know that this building had a basement.

The basement of the building had a door which was slightly open. Judging from the chapped gray outer walls of the basement, I didn't think that it had been used that much, or taken care of.

Laughing at my stupidity, I turned around and decided to head back upstairs when I heard some shuffling in from the basement.

Who in their right mind would be awake right now and what might they be doing in this barren basement? Oh, the irony of this situation. You are that idiot yourself mocked that stupid inner voice.

Curiously, I silently creaked the door open to see an unexpected scene in front of me.

Archer Evans was standing in the middle of the wide room, in just his sweatpants, performing some kind of a move with a stick . It appeared to be some kind of martial arts, but with the little knowledge I had on this particular subject, I had no idea what he was doing. I could just say that he was extremely swift and was fluidly spinning the stick, in deep concentration.

I was mesmerized by the scene in front of me, and I might have accidentally gasped out loud. This caught his attention, and like a lion, ready to capture it's prey, he turned his head towards me and said something loudly, more like shouted at me, but at this moment I was too shocked to process his words.

With my mouth open, I glanced around the room, to see some other martial arts related equipment lying around with a couple of bottles of alcohol and a packet of cigarettes lying on a table placed in the far corner of the wide room. There was a punching bag dangling from the ceiling near the center.

This is his secret spot, his hiding place. This is where he disappears to sometimes. This is his sweet heaven.

I turned my eyes back to his and found him standing in a rigid position, fuming with anger and glaring at me. He started striding towards me, taking long steps.

He stood in front of me, and looked me hard in the eye.

"Get. Out. Now."

The situation was already overwhelming for me, so for once, I obliged and turned away from him.

In a hurry, I tried to run, but being the stupid person I am, I fell down, right in front of him as soon as I was nearing the door.

I heard a growl from behind, and it was a clear enough warning for me to leave this guy's paradise.

A/N: I hope you all liked this chapter.

Picture: Archer spinning a stick/spear.

Comment, Vote and Share this story. <3<3

Thanks for reading. :) ❤