10. The One With The Showoff

Start from the beginning

"Th... thank you, Commander." Annabeth stuttered softly. She seemed pretty sensitive to the past. As if she ever cared.

"You're welcome. And now, ladies and gentlemen, I'll build our cabin here." With that, I called in the powers of creation of Lord Chaos from within me, a feat I'd learned when I became part of the Primordial Council. When I could feel the powers flowing within me, I visualized what kind and size of tent I wanted. Bang. It was ready. The size was your average tent, but unlike your average tent, this was more like a tardis. Smaller on the outside, gigantic on the inside.

"It's ready, see, wasn't that hard was it?"

"Uh... so... your army will be staying outside? You know we can create a place for them, it might take time and effort, but it'll be much more comfortable than being outside." Zeus said.

"Yes, the way you said you considered your army your family I'm sure you don't want to give them such treatment. We'd be honored to help you. " Poseidon continued.

"No need. I meant every word I said, but I think we established earlier that you are a bit slow at deciphering the actual meaning" I smirked.

"Sarge. It's ready. Bring the lads. " I said in my walkie-talkie.

"Right away sir" Elmont replied.

In about a minute it looked like people would die of suffocation. I had already instructed Zeus to magically increase the size of camp by five times, but that was only the training and dining arena, not the entrance or this part.

"Soldiers, our home is ready. Get in. You too, Gregory and Elmont. I'll be inside in a few." I instructed. Then, one by one, I watched as every non-army member's eye widened from normal to the size of ping-pong balls. They had just witnessed around 3000 people going inside a tent whose size indicated its capacity to be around 2 or 3 people max. Well, If you put it that way I couldn't blame them. In fact to tell you the truth I had a similar reaction when Lord Chaos showed me this power the first time. But I had the upper hand here, I knew stuff they had no idea about. This advantage of mine I certainly wouldn't lose.

"Now if you'd kindly stop ogling at our home, we could talk?"

"Ohh.. yeah... sorry... it's just that... never mind... - " Chiron started, but I cut him off.

"This is the power of Chaos director Chiron, it's simply limitless. You do understand that don't you?"

"Oh of course I do... its just that... I've lived my life with Olympians and not seen anything even remotely powerful. So forgive me if I'm a little taken aback. "

"The Olympians could very easily do this Director, but unfortunately they do not use their power citing petty excuses. And now I'm really tired, so I'll settle down. We'll be there for dinner, and later on, during campfire, we will hold a meeting regarding whatever you want."

With that, I turned around and went inside the mansion, not waiting for their reply. Now you must be wondering why I was upset with the Gods, but I'm not upset. I'm pissed at them. When I left this camp I wasn't but after a few years as a Council member, I realized that the rules for gods to help their children were pretty flexible, unlike what they had told us. I let that go off my mind to get some peace and rest, tomorrow onwards the days would be pretty long.

The tent, or mansion as the army likes to call it, is not exactly a place to stay. Its a 13-dimensional small area, and when you enter this area you are teleported to a mansion like humongous building that automatically creates itself when I create the tent.

It has all the modern amenities - games, training arena, outdoor sports, all types and origins of food, televisions and all those modern PlayStation games. Elmont is a fan of those, and I can bet you 30 drachmas he'll be there right now. I went to my room, where I just sat thinking about today.

Poseidon hadn't changed much, but upon closer observation, he looked a bit sad and old. Even Chiron didn't look like his old self. That sparkle from his eyes was gone now, and I wondered if it had anything to do with my disappearance. The most shocking, though, was the immortal campers. They were all there. Jason, Reyna, Leo Piper, Hazel, Frank, Nico, Calypso, Katie, the Stoll brothers... her... and a few more whom I recognized. There were few I didn't recognize, I guess they were the children of the minor gods. I couldn't recognize them 'cause they weren't there during my time. But that isn't what was disturbing me. I observed that they all held a kind of desolate sadness in their eyes, like they were alive, but not living.

Almost every single person from my days who I knew resembled such expressions. What happened? I haven't heard of a new war or death of immortals on earth since I left, and I could see them much closer to their parents than before... so what's exactly bothering them? Hmm... will have to find out in today's meeting.

(A/ N: PLEASE REVIEW, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS WELCOME.)