Chapter 5

NEW UPDATE! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK! =)

A few days later I found myself at Darren’s house.  I kept making excuses not to hang out with him, and I felt bad.  I knew he was gaining some sort of feelings for me and I kept blowing him off which wasn’t cool.  I had to wait until Sunday, and tell my mom I was going to Sherrell’s house since she lived by him.  I didn’t know if him and I would become anything and didn’t need her asking twenty-one questions and shit.  Plus I wouldn’t have to explain to Jacob where I was.  If he asked me what I was doing today and said I was with Darren I honestly don’t know how he would act.  We weren’t a thing or anything but I knew he would feel some type of way.  

The other day I tried to encourage him to finish our conversation and explain to him about Darren and I.  I think it is only fair.  However, he wouldn’t finish it.  He was not opening up to me, which was pissing me off.  Any other time he would have no problem saying how he felt.  He called me a bitch within the first week of us knowing each other.  His actions is one of the reasons why I am at Darren’s house right now, sitting in his bed, eating food and watching movies.

“Are you good?” Darren asked me.

“Yeah I’m fine.” I responded.

Now i’m not gonna lie, it was a little bit awkward because I had no idea what the fuck to do.  This is a damn shame.  I am too old to be this shy and stupid when it comes to guys.  

A draft came in through the door to his room and I wrapped my arms around myself.  Darren must of seen this because he then got up and grabbed a blanket.  He not only put it over me but himself as well.  Oh god.

“Thank you.” I said.

“No problem.  I don’t want to freeze you out.” he said teasingly.

I smiled.

“I would hope not.”

“Nah, you’re too cute for that.”

Oh god.  Don’t blush.  Don’t blush.  Don’t fucking blush.

“Thanks.” was all I could get out, and I deserve a pat on the back for that.

“No problem.  I always thought you were cute.” he said bravely.

Are we really talking about this now?

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah.  When we were in middle school I had a crush on you.  But you were always mean to me so I acted like I didn’t.” he said laughing.