Chapter- 25

My mother wanted to see me. After twelve years of thinking my mother was dead, she wanted to see me. I had the opportunity to see her one last time.

"How do we do it?" I asked, taking another sip from my tea.

Jess sighed. "I have to basically kill you"

I looked at her in shock and Casey growled loudly. "You will do no such thing!" Casey growled, moving closer to me in a protective manner. I put my hand on his knee in an attempt to sooth him.

I sighed. "Let her explain Casey"

"In order for her to enter the after life, she has to have her heart stopped. You won't feel anything Annabelle. I will send you into a sleep and simply stop your heart. Your mother will take it from there. Your mother has given you a choice knowing that this could go wrong. There is a possibility of not being able to restart you heart. But the choice is yours." Jess explained.

I didn't even need to think about it. "I'm going to do it" I announced.

Casey glared at me. "May I have a word with you Annabelle? Outside" He said through gritted teeth.

I sighed and nodded. I walked out of the house and sat on the hood of the car, waiting for Casey to give me his lecture. He came out not too long after and let out a low growl although it wasn't directed at me. He stood in front of me with his arms crossed.

"Are you fucking crazy?" He growled.

I crossed my arms. "Casey you know what this means to me. I need to see my mother and this is the only chance I have. Put yourself in my position. If you could see your mother one more time, would you take the chance?"

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "What about the fact there is a possibility that you'll die? I can't loose you Belle. I love you too fucking much"

I stood up and pulled his hands into my own. "She's my mother Casey. She wouldn't let that happen to me. And you said that Jess won't hurt me. If you won't trust them, then trust me. I'm going to be alright. Okay?"

He pulled me into him."I don't want to loose you" he sighed.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and laid my head on his chest. "I know you don't and you won't. I promise"

After a long but comfortable silence, we pulled away from each other and I sighed. We walked back into the house and Jess gave me a questioning look. I nodded. She grinned and told us to go to the spare room we would be staying in and for me to get settled on the bed. I let out a shaky breath as I lay down on the comfortable bed with Casey's hand in mine.

I was nervous. I hadn't seen my mother in twelve years. I knew it would be a strange experience to say the least.

Jess came in and did some weird chant thing that sent me to sleep and the rest of the stuff that happened in that room from that moment was completely different to what I was experiencing. I was in a dark room that had a door on one wall, which led out into something light. I thought about my options. Normally in all the stories you read, you're told to stay away from the light when your dying but I wasn't actually dying so did that mean I could go towards it?

Deciding that it would be a bit odd to sit and wait in a dark room, I opened the door and stepped out. The light was so blinding I had to close my eyes to stop my eyes from exploding, obviously that's an over-exaggeration . "Damn that's bright" I muttered to myself.

"My child" a voice whispered. It was strange though. It was like it was all around me, like I was wearing earphones or something. I tried to open my eyes but they wouldn't open. Well done Annabelle, i thought to myself, you walked into the light and now your dead.

The voice repeated itself and this time the fogginess was disappearing and it sounded much clearer. Although it still didn't sound real.

"My child. Open your eyes" This time, I recognised the voice as my mothers and I slowly opened my eyes.

I looked around and noticed that my mother was kneeling down beside me and I was lying down. I looked at her face. She hadn't aged in the slightest and she looked beautiful. Her eyes were the only thing that had changed from their original brown colour to an icy blue that looked stunning on her.She was dressed in a white gown that pooled around her where she was knelt down. She looked extravagant.

"Mother" I smiled. I was nervous before but now I knew exactly what to say and was no longer afraid.

"Annabelle" She smiled. "Come, walk with me" She offered me her hand and helped me to my feet. I looked around and noticed that we were in the clearing from my old pack.

We walked slowly through the clearing enjoying the sights and sounds until my mother spoke up once again. "Now as you know I have given you a gift and I want you to be careful with it. I also have some other news to tell you." She grinned.

She sat down amongst the grass and flowers and she picked a red flower and put it in my braid. I sat down in front of her waiting for her to tell me her news.

"As you know I am the Moon Goddess and I found out that I would be this from my mother when I was about your age. You have my gift not only to protect yourself and others but also because you are my heir. You will be the next Moon Goddess when I have retired. This is the reason for your gift." She smiled.

My eyes widened. "Whoa, that's big."

She chuckled. "It is indeed. That is why you must keep this to yourself. You must not tell anyone. Although you may tell Casey as he is your mate and he will join you, if he wants to" She gave me a pointed look.

I nodded. "Yes mother."

I looked around the clearing and then frowned. "Mother. If this is where you went, where is father?"

She smiled. "I was wondering how long it would be until you asked me that. He is here too my darling. I just asked for some privacy to talk to you. Would you like to see him?"

I nodded excitedly and she chuckled. She waved her hand and suddenly my father walked out of a door in the middle of the clearing. He looked exactly like I remembered him too. His curly brown hair was still just as fluffy, his blue eyes looked the exact shade of mine and he was dressed in a white suit. He offered me a warm smile as he walked towards us. I stood up and so did mother. He pulled me into a hug and squeezed me making me laugh. He also pulled my mother into the hug and we stood there for a while until my head started to throb and I faintly heard Casey calling out to me.

My mother looked up and I guessed she had heard it too. "My child it is time for you to leave us. The longer I keep you here, the bigger the risk that your heart doesn't restart. Goodbye sweetheart. Look after yourself and your family. We both love you very much"

I looked around as the field began to fade along with my parents. "Mother, farther!" I called out to them. "Will I ever see you again?"

My mother smiled. "Eventually. Now sleep my child" Her voice faded into a whisper and the clearing turned into dark as I fell into a peaceful sleep.