Chapter-12

I tackled one of the hunters as I landed, instantly breaking their neck and moved onto the next one. Yes they had guns and it would seem like a one sided battle, but I had teeth and much more strength. I tackled another of the Hunters, this one being the one with the machine gun. I dodged his bullets, one or two skidding through my thick fur but not cutting my skin. I was sloppy because this was my first real combat but I had no choice. I wasn't going to sit there and wait for their bullets to run out while more of their freinds came and pulverized my pack with silver. We had an advantage when in wolf form but wolf speed didn't win against bullets as they travelled faster. Your only option was to fight.

Kyle growled at me in what seemed to be a scold. I brushed him off and we both fought our way through the ten or so hunters who had spread themselves around us, trying to get a hit. Hunters wanted fur and sometimes would do favours for other packs if they were paid. In this case I couldn't tell which it was. I would have to keep one alive so we could interrogate them.

We had killed or badly injured most of them when another lorry load joined the fight. I growled out in frustration. Of course that wasn't the lot of them. They may have been weak but they were smart. They always travelled in large numbers.

I heard Kyle whimpering and when I turned my attention to him I noticed one of the hunters had a gun pointed at him as he lay in clear agony. I saw he had been shot in the leg and shoulder, and by the looks of it, was about to be shot dead. I growled and with a swift swipe, snapped the neck of the one I was currently fighting before launching myself in front of Kyle. The hunter had already pulled the trigger and the bullet penetrated my upper thigh. I fell down growling and whimpering in pain but didn't let it stop me from ripping the bitches head off.

I tried to get Kyle up so I could get him out of the line of fire but we were surrounded. Shit. I shifted back deciding not to give them my fur and urged Kyle to do the same. If we died they were not harvesting my fur and that would come as a loss to them so they would either kill us and take the loss or kidnap us while we were weak to force us to shift. Either way I was buying us some time

Kyle was collapsed and phasing in and out of consciousness while I tried my best to keep my strength and stood in front of him, protectively.

"Come on you stupid dog. Shift back" A blonde bitch growled. She grabbed me and pointed the gun right at my head. It was so close I could feel the cold metal against my temple. I felt my adrenaline rush as a cruel smile spread across my face.

I chuckled. "Now honey, we both know it doesn't work like that" I used the remainder of my strength to trip her up and grab her gun and pointed it against her temple. This was the time I needed to get Kyle out.

"Let him go or she gets her head blown off" I threatened, tightening my grip around her throat so she struggled to breathe and they knew I was being serious. "My hand is around her throat which will rip out her jugular or I will blast her brains out with this gun. Pain or mercy, your choice."

One of them who appeared to be the leader sighed and nodded, hesitantly. "Let the mutt go" Kyle looked at me and shook his head. I growled at him, demanding him to go. Something in him shifted and he limped away, trying to run. This distracted the hunters and I shot the girl.

"Oops" I grinned.

All the hunters looked at me in shock, as if they thought I'd actually keep my word. No way. That bitch deserved to die. I shot some of them until the last few bullets in the gun ran out. One of the guys leaped forward in an attempt to grab me and I panicked and threw the empty gun at his head. I turned and ran. It was a struggle with the bullet in my leg but I forced myself to carry on.

I howled in distress, hoping that Casey would hear it. In a matter of seconds of the howl leaving my lips a bunch of warriors lead by Casey came bounding around the building and tackled the hunters. I ran to Kyle who had collapsed and fallen unconscious.

"Kyle, come on man wake up" I panicked, dropping to my knees. I could feel the wolfbane and silver mix burning through my veins and I realised that Kyle could be dying because he had been shot twice. I slapped his face trying anything to wake him up. "Come on Kyle. You're not dying on me"

Soon I was pulled away from him as a doctor tended to him. I didn't register his face as the wolfbane was too much to handle now. I let my body relax now that I had realised the hunters had been dealt with and Kyle was being treated, I didn't need to force myself to stay awake any longer.

"ANNABELLE!" I heard my name being called out but I couldn't stay awake any longer. The darkness descended upon me and I welcomed it with open arms as I fell too the ground with a thud.