Chapter-4

I sat frozen. Staring into those warm brown eyes. I was completely shocked. How had I been paired with the strongest Alpha in the world. Not just America, the whole WORLD! It had to be some sort of mistake. I was too weak to be with a person like him. Maybe he was sat in front of my mate? I snorted at myself, yeah that totally made sense I thought to myself, sarcastically.

Belle!

Belle!

Annabelle! I jumped slightly as dads voice rang through the mind link.

It's the next song! Are you okay? You seem a little out of it.

Sorry, yeah I'm fine.

I walked up to the piano and sat down to play the next song. I tried my hardest to ignore the fact that I had found him, but throughout all of the songs we played, I could feel his eyes burning into the back of my head. Honestly, it was rather off putting. Hadn't anyone taught him it was rude to stare?!

As soon as the meal had finished I shot out of there as fast as I could to avoid bumping into Alpha Casey. I needed some time to think and process it all before I spoke with him.

I ran out the front door and ran into the woods, after taking my heels off of course. I stopped by a tree and took off my dress to shift. Once shifted, I grabbed my clothes in my mouth and took off. I needed to clear my head. And perhaps try and hide from Alpha Casey for a while.

After a while of running I made it to the boarder of the pack. I knew a cave right outside the pack that was well hidden where I could hide for a bit. Just as I  was about to cross the border, I was tackled, making me yelp in surprise. I looked up and a wolf slightly bigger than the average alpha was pinning me down. He had dark brown almost black fur and bright, electric green eyes. Judging by the sparks I was feeling and that I had to hold Tilly back, it was Alpha Casey.

Well that just destroyed my plan of hiding and clearing my head.

I huffed in frustration and tried to wriggle from underneath him. He picked up my clothes and nodded to a tree. I got his message to shift, nodding slightly to tell him so. He got off of me and nodded his head in the direction of a tree again. I quietly shuffled towards it. I looked around to see if I could escape. Hmm, maybe if I-

"Don't even bother running from me, mate." Alpha Casey called out, obviously shifted. I huffed and carried on shifting. When I shifted back I got dressed and I walked out from behind the tree to be greeted with a shirtless Alpha. I tried hard not to look and drool over his toned body but failed, well minus the drool. 

He cleared his throat, obviously catching me staring and I looked up trying my hardest to bury the fear.

Now who's staring, Tilly snorted.

"I'm not going to hurt you so stop looking at me like that" he said, giving me a pointed look. "What is your name, princess?"

"Annabelle." I answered shyly.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl" he smiled.

"Wow, original." I snorted, my eyes widening as I realised that I had said that out loud.

He chuckled in response and made a few steps towards me, making me panic.

I inhaled deeply before I asked the question that I couldn't get out of my head "Are you going reject me?" I asked quietly.

He growled.

"No!" he exclaimed making me jump slightly. "You're my mate. Why on earth would I do such a thing?"

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths trying to control my shaking and heavy breathing from fear.

"I'm sorry" he said, I opened my eyes and saw he was a lot closer than before.

I cleared my throat. Well this is awkward.

"How can you have me as your Luna? I'm weak and I'm not Luna material" I sighed, looking down, ashamed.

"Hey. You are not weak, you can run fast as hell for a start and I can train you in combat. You will make a perfect Luna." he said putting his hand on my shoulder, pleasurable sparks igniting there.

You may be wondering why I was acting that way. Okay let me explain. I was bullied by Callum since I was eight. Verbally and physically. I developed a fear of men. Even my father. I knew he wouldn't hurt me but I'm more scared of Alpha's than anyone else. They have so much authority over me and the fact I can't do anything about it completely terrifies me.

And yes I know my best friend is a guy but it was different with Jace. We had known one another for our whole lives.

"I am not good enough for you. You deserve someone strong and who can look after your pack with you. I can't be your Luna." I took a deep breath and looked him dead in the eyes.

His eyes darkened. "Don't you dare." He growled, clearly noticing that I was preparing to reject him.

"I, Annabelle Evans, reje-" he clamped my mouth shut with his hand making my eyes widen.

"Please just give me a chance! You just met me! You don't know me!" He cried. "Please. I'm not who you think I am. You don't need to be afraid of me."

Guilt hit me like a truck. "I'm sorry. I'm just afraid," I admitted.

He nodded. "I know, but it will be okay. I promise."

Something about him filled me with warmth that I realised after a moment was trust. I nodded.

"Okay. You're right, you deserve at least one chance" I sighed.

"Thank you. You won't regret it" he said grinning. "Come on. We better get back. It's not safe by the boarder"

I just nodded and started walking home. He stood there for a moment and then started walking alongside me.

Jace? I asked opening the link.

Belle! What happened? Why did you run off? Are you okay?

Aye slow down soldier. I'm fine and I um, I found my mate.

WHAT?! Belle that's awesome!

No. No it's not. It's Alpha Casey.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*