[PETE] Got A Secret, Can You Keep It?

"I thought you were my secret, but all this time, I was yours."

The band finishes their set, the crowd going wild and begging for them to continue, even though they already came back out for the encore.

The lights go out and the four guys make their way off of the stage, making their way to the back where Pete announces that he'll catch up with them on the tour bus; that he left something behind. Unsuspecting of their friend, the other three band members shrug and nod their heads in understanding, leaving Pete in the venue.

As soon as Patrick, Joe, and Andy are out of sight, Pete darts down one of the hallways, making several turns until he comes across the dressing room he'd been assigned, which also happened to be the room he told you to meet him in prior to the show. With his heart pounding against his chest and adrenaline pumping through his veins, he wraps his hand around the doorknob and pushes the door in. A smile appears on the bassist's face as he sees you, but the smile doesn't last long, especially when you stop in the middle of your pace and meet his gaze.

"What's wrong?" He asks, noting the worried expression on your face and closing the door behind him.

"Pete, I have to tell you something," You reply bluntly, knowing that there's no good way to come about the situation at hand.

The Fall Out Boy member swallows the lump in his throat and approaches you, placing his hands on your hips and pulling you close. "What is it?" His voice cracks, making it clear that he's anxious as to what you have to say.

The room around you grows warm as you build up the courage to reveal what you've been keeping from him. You just can't lie to him anymore. The guilt's been eating you alive, making your stomach turn in knots.

"You know I love you," You start off, taking his hands in yours and shaking them slightly, "And that'll never change, ever."

"(Y/N), what are you saying?" He inquires, his apprehensive brown eyes locked on yours that are starting to brim with tears.

You take in a shaky breath and confess, "We can't see each other anymore, Pete." The bassist drops your hands, his heart dropping in his chest. "It's not that I don't want to, it's just-"

"It's just what?" Pete can't help but yell, the happiness he possessed no longer than five minutes ago having completely vanished. This was the show he's been looking forward to, knowing that he'd be seeing you afterwards. However, this isn't what he imagined it would be like. At all.

"I've been..." Your voice trails off, a heavy pressure weighing down on your chest as your vision begins to blur. You bring your hand up to your forehead and heave a sigh. "...I've been lying to you."

He stands there for a moment, your words hitting him like a pile of bricks. "You...You've been lying to me?" He stammers, his breathing starting to pick up, "About what?"

You turn away from him, knowing that you wouldn't be able to admit what you have to when you're facing him. Hell, you barely brought yourself to show up. You fold your arms over your chest and murmur, "I'm not single, Pete."

"Well of course you aren't. You're with me."

"No, I'm married," You correct him, your breath barely above a whisper, but loud enough for him to hear. You turn your head to the side, glancing over you shoulder just enough to bring the man you've been seeing in secret for the past year and a half into your field of vision.

His eyes grow wide. "You're married?"

"Look, it's not what it seems," You try to redeem yourself, spinning around so that you're looking at him, "My husband and I...we're not-" You stop mid-sentence, reminding yourself of the promise you made to not lie to him anymore. "No, you know what? My husband and I, we were doing just fine. We are doing just fine. I just...there was something between us, Pete, and-"

"You're married, and you didn't tell me?"

"I didn't want to lose you!" You exclaim, shortening the distance between you and him and running your hands through his hair, "Pete, you have to believe me when I say that I love you. I really do. You're the best thing that's happened to me in a long time and-"

"You lied to me," The band member interrupts you, stepping away from you, hurt glistening in his eyes, "We've been together for since last year, and you didn't think to tell me that you're married?"

You hang your head, failing to formulate a response to give him.

He just stares at you, still in shock and disbelief from the news you laid upon him. "So were all the 'I love you's and 'I want to be with you forever's lies too?" He breaks the silence.

"No, Pete, not at all!" You attempt to convince him, though from the looks of it, there's not a thing that you can say to make this situation any better. "I meant it, I honestly did. I still do."

The bassist scoffs. "Yeah right. I bet you were saying the same things to whoever Mr. Husband is."

You run your hand through your hair and go on to say, "That's beside the point, Pete. The reason why we can't see each other anymore is because...I'm pregnant." His face goes pale. "I-I took a test and it came up positive and-"

"You're pregnant, (Y/N)?" You nod your head. "You're kidding."

"I wish I was," You retort honestly, "But I'm not. I'm pregnant and...and the baby's his."

Pete's eyebrows knit together. "How do you know?"

A blush creeps up in your cheeks and you nervously rub the back of your neck. "I don't. I'm just hoping it is because...having a family is all he and I ever wanted and now we're finally going to have that. We've been waiting our whole relationship for this, Pete. I can't pass up this opportunity."

He crosses his arms over his chest. "So what? You don't need me anymore?"

"No! That's not..." You roll your eyes and say, "I just can't pass up this opportunity, Pete. I'm finally going to have a family, something I've always wanted."

Pete remains silent, trying to sort out his emotions, before nodding his head and saying, "Well, (Y/N), I guess all I have to say is that I have to wish you the best of luck." He can't hide the dejection laced in his voice, or the pained expression that was smeared across his face as those words slipped past his lips.

He walks up to you and connects his lips with yours for one, final time. The kiss is gentle, yet passionate at the same time, and reminds you of the way he made you feel and the reason you kept seeing him after the first time you and he met. He pulls away and looks into your eyes, biting his lip and pushing a piece of your hair behind your ear. "You know, I always thought you were my secret, but all this time, I was yours." He doesn't give you the chance to respond, because before you can even process what he's said to you, he turns around and walks out, abandoning you in the dressing room and making his way out to where the tour buses were parked.

The bassist steps onto the bus where his friends have been waiting and meets all of their curious gazes.

"What'd you leave behind?" Joe inquires.

The corner of his lip perks up into a sad smirk before he answers, "It's a secret."