[PETE] One And Only - Part One

In 2003, Pete Wentz met a girl. That girl was you. You and Pete instantly hit it off, and right after your first date, he knew you were the one. The one he wanted to marry. The one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. And you felt the same way about him.

Four years later, in 2007, you and Pete got married. It wasn't a big wedding, with just his band mates and a couple of your closest friends being the only ones invited, but the wedding was big news - headlines everywhere read Pete Wentz From Fall Out Boy Gets Married To Mystery Girl.

You weren't a mystery girl for long, though, and soon enough you became just as popular as Pete was. Being married to a celebrity brought along numerous rumors, some of your favorites being that you were pregnant or that he was going to divorce you. You laughed at those, because you knew they weren't true. But there was one rumor that you couldn't help but feel wasn't a rumor - that he was cheating on you.

And you were right to feel that way, because he was cheating on you, however, it was much more complicated than him just cheating on you - he had a whole different life aside from the picture-perfect life he had with you.

It's 2012. And you finally decided to do something about your cheating bastard of a husband.

*****

It's the day of your fifth anniversary and you're lying in bed alone. You're staring at the picture of you and Pete that you have on your nightstand. It's from the day the two of you got married.

Pete is gone - he has been since yesterday. And you know exactly where he is.

You extend your hand out and grab the photo frame, sitting up and chucking it across the room, screaming at the top of your lungs. The frame breaks in half and the glass shatters as it hits the wall and falls to the floor. You sit there for a little, anger boiling inside of you as you try to calm your heavy breathing.

You swing your legs over the side of the bed and stand up, tying a robe around your waist and making your way down into your state-of-the-art kitchen, where you begin to prepare breakfast for you and your absent husband.

Just as you place the last tray of food down on the long dining table in the dining room that's off of the kitchen, the front door clicks open. You glance over your shoulder and watch your husband walk in - wearing the same clothes he was wearing yesterday - and close the door behind him.

Pete turns around and goes to sneak upstairs hastily when you call his name. He stops on the step he's on and sighs. He looks over at you as you walk up to staircase, an obviously forced smile on his face as he places his hand on his chest, "(Y/N)! God, you scared me."

You cross your arms, "Where were you last night?"

"Oh, you know," He retraces his steps back down the stairs, slipping his hands into his pant's pockets, "I was...at Patrick's with the guys."

Lies, you think to yourself but refrain from saying. You're curious as to what his story is this time.

"We had a really busy day of coming up with new material and we lost track of time," He chuckles, "We all kind of passed out at his place - we were that exhausted." He approaches you and slips his hands underneath your jawline, "I know I should've called. I'm so sorry. You must've been worried sick. Will you ever forgive me?"

You blush, "You know I can't stay mad at you, Pete."

Lies.

He smirks before leaning in and kissing you with his lips, laced with betrayal and deception. But nonetheless you kiss him back. He pulls away and looks behind you at the table you had finished setting up, "Whoa, what's this all for?"

"Our anniversary," You answer sweetly (or as sweetly as you can fake it, for the matter) as he walks around you and sits himself down, "Remember?"

"Oh, right, five years," He retorts, unfolding the cloth napkin you had folded into a swan on his plate and setting it on his lap.

You seat yourself across from him, doing the same thing. "Yeah. Five years. Five long long years." He glances up at you suspiciously. You smile, "Well, eat up. Food's getting cold."

He swallows hard before picking food from the trays you've prepared and putting them on his plate. You sit back in your chair and cross your arms over your chest.

"So what are the plans?" Pete inquires, picking up his fork and knife, "You've always had something planned for us on our anniversaries. Last year was a trip to Paris. The year before that was a trip to The Bahamas. What's it going to be this year?"

"Well I know how busy you've been with the band..."

Or something else.

"...so I was thinking we just stay here. Let you get some sleep."

Pete chokes on his food before taking a sip of water to clear his throat and meeting your gaze, "What?"

"Just look at yourself, Pete," You motion to him, "You look horrible. There are bags under your eyes, and the corners of your lips are curled down...It's evident that you need some rest."

"But...But it's our anniversary. We always do something for our anniversary," He replies, as if he's disappointed you're not doing something.

Not like he cares...

"Pete, you're exhausted. When you're done eating, I want you to go upstairs and take a nap. A long nap." You give him a reassuring smile, "We can do something when you're fully rested."

He picks up his cloth napkin and pats his mouth, "Are you sure, babe?"

You nod your head.

"Oh my god, you're the best," He stands up and leans over to the table to give you another kiss. He tucks a piece of your hair behind your ear and smiles, "You're my one and only, (Y/N)."

Lies. Motherfucking lies.

"As you are mine," You retort kindly.

He smiles and excuses himself from the table, disappearing upstairs.

You throw your napkin to the ground and rise to your feet, briskly making your way into the bathroom off of the kitchen where you look at yourself in the mirror before mumbling to yourself, "One and only, my ass. More like your worst nightmare, Pete." You pull out a bag of makeup and begin looking through it.

To Be Continued...