[ANDY - RQ] The Girl With The Outsiders Book

Requested by MrsDonnieTheCatcher...

You weave your way through the bookshelves of your school's library, trying to hold back the tears that you feel growing in your eyes. You find your favorite corner and drop your backpack to the floor, sitting down and covering your face with your hands, doing your best not to break down.

"Who would want to take her to the dance?"

You don't like the think of yourself or portray yourself as a jealous type, but it's hard when the dance is coming up and every single one of your friend's has a date and you don't. Not to mention that your friend's dates are their boyfriends who are madly in love with them, as they are with them.

"No one! They'd have to be either drugged or insane!"

It's like they're living a fairy tale, almost. They've all found their Prince Charmings and they're living happily ever after. But you? You're the ugly stepsister that the Prince Charmings laugh at, make fun of. Your friends don't see it, because they're so blinded by their boyfriends "perfection", but they do. Every day. And each day, the boys' words just hurt a little bit more.

"She's just so...so..."

You run your hands down your wet face and pull your backpack close to you, tearing it open and fishing around for your favorite book. You find it and pull it out, flipping it open to the page you left off at.

"Ugly?"

You sniffle and blink away the tears in your eyes that are preventing you from reading the words on the page.

"Annoying?"

In your dire attempt to escape reality, you unknowingly manage to attract the attention of one of your schoolmates, Andy. You don't consider him a friend, since you've never really talked before. You've seen him before when you hang out with your friends and their boyfriends, since he's one of their friends, but that's it. As for him, he's seen some of your videos on YouTube. You're an aspiring YouTuber, but most of your viewers are people at school and they only watch your videos to insult you and leave rude comments.

"Desperate?"

While Andy was shelving some books (since he works for the school's library during his free periods), he heard your crying and went to go see who it was.

"Lame?"

He swallows the lump in his throat and emerges from his hiding place behind the bookshelf, cautiously approaching you.

"Pathetic?"

He kneels down in front of you and blurts out, "The Outsiders?"

You lift your head up out of your book, mascara streaking your cheeks and your eyes red and puffy. "Yeah? What about it?"

"I love that book," He smiles, sitting down and crossing his legs, "Is it your first time reading it?"

Your cheeks grow warm, finding the endearing attention you're receiving rather pleasant. "No, this is probably my twentieth, I don't know. I've read it so many times I've lost count."

He chuckles, "Same. Do you have a favorite character?"

"Yeah, I really like..." You begin to answer when your voice fades out and realization sets in for you. "Wait, did they put you up to this?"

His eyebrows furrow together, "What?"

"They had to put you up to this," You mutter, closing your book and shoving it back inside your backpack, "Well you can tell them it didn't work. I'm not falling for their shit."

"Whose shit?" He inquires as he stands up with you, turning around and watching you storm away.

"Don't play stupid," You growl.

He runs up to you and catches you by the shoulder, turning you around to face him, "I'm not, Brianna."

"How do you know my name?" You mutter in surprise.

He chuckles, "Well it's not like we're complete strangers."

You stare at him for a second or two before wiping underneath your eyes and asking, "Why are you talking to me?"

"You seemed upset," He states the obvious, rubbing awkwardly behind his neck, "I thought you might want someone to talk to."

"Talking to someone...or should I say, talking to you...isn't going to help me."

"Why?"

"Because you're their friend."

He nods his head in understanding and slips his hands into his pockets, "Oh, so that's what's got you down? You shouldn't let their words get to you, Brianna. They just say those things because they want to seem cool. But in my opinion, they just seem like total assholes."

You can't suppress the giggle that slips past your lips and, instantaneously, you clasp your hands over your mouth in embarrassment.

Andy breaks into a smile and continues, "Yeah...Brendon and Frank and Gerard and Josh really only say that stuff because they don't want to admit to themselves that they like you better than they like Kaysee and Sara."

"You're kidding me."

"No joke!" He tries to convince you with a slight, nervous laugh. You drop your hands to your sides, revealing your bright red cheeks. He blushes too and adds, "I'm really sorry they hurt you like that, though. Is there anything I can do?"

You shrug your shoulders.

"Anything?" He presses in a gentle, kind way.

You bite your lip as you consider all of your options, all the responses you could give him. A grin forms on your face as you meet his gaze and tell him, "Be my friend."

Andy chuckles, "I thought we already were friends."

Your cheeks grow a deep shade of red, "Really?"

"Was I wrong to think that?"

"N-No," You stammer, the corner of your lip perking upward, "No, not at all. Hey, um, do you maybe want to hang out with me after school?"

He smiles and takes your hand in his, making your heart flutter, "Why wait?"