[PATRICK] You Tell Him You're Pregnant - Part Four

You hear the doorbell ring and you immediately freeze, holding your daughter's legs in the air  by her ankles, seeing as you're in the middle of changing her diaper. She turns her head and smacks her hands down on the changing table mattress, hearing the front door click open.

"Patrick," You hear your mother greet him, astonishment in her tone, "W-What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see (Y/N)," He tells her, "Is she home?"

You quickly finish up your daughter's diaper and rush downstairs, your daughter (dressed only in her t-shirt and diaper) in your arms. You stop at the bottom of the steps and Patrick meets your gaze, taking in a sharp breath when he sees you and her.

"Yeah, she is," Your mother finally answers his question, leaving the two of you alone.

Patrick steps into your parents' house and closes the door behind him, approaching you and your daughter.

"Hi," He says, slipping his hands into his pockets.

"Hey," You reply, your daughter staring at the stranger standing before you and her. She wraps her little arms around your neck and buries her face into the crook of  your neck.

"She's cute," He comments, the corner of his lips perking upward into a smirk.

"Yeah, she's a little shy though," You look down at her and say, your voice softer, "Hey, can you look up at me?" She lifts her tiny head up and looks up at you with sparkling bluish green eyes that resemble her father's. "I want you to  meet someone." You look over at Patrick and grin, inviting him to  introduce himself.

"Oh, uh, hi," Patrick stammers, stepping closer to you and looking at the girl in your arms, "I-I'm Patrick. I'm your dad."

She makes an incomprehensible baby sound and looks over at you, not understanding what he said. The word "dad" is completely foreign to her.

You nod your head approvingly and she returns her attention to Patrick. She  still has a sense of apprehension, her grip on you tightening.

"Say hi, Win," You encourage her.

"Hi, Win," She repeats, causing you to laugh.

"You named her Win?" Patrick inquires.

"Well, I named her Winona," You push a piece of her blonde hair out of her face and smile, "I call her 'Win' for short."

Patrick  glances down at you, a wave of guilt washing over him. You look older  than last time he saw you. Not in a bad way, of course, but you look different. The girl whose eyes he met while waiting to go on stage isn't a girl anymore. Instead, she's a mature, young adult. A mature, young adult who doesn't need him, like the girl whose eyes he met that night did.

"Does she like your boyfriend?" He questions, breaking the blanket of silence that had fallen over the two of you.

"I don't have a boyfriend," You respond to him softly, avoiding his gaze by looking at your daughter and tickling her stomach, making her laugh.

"Oh," He rubs the back of his neck, his cheeks growing a deep shade of red.

"Yeah." The two of you stand there for a little more before you finally look up at him, "Do you want to hold her?"

A worried look appears on his face, repeating, "You want me to hold her?"

"Patrick, she's a baby, not a glass vase," You chuckle.

"But what if she doesn't like me?"

"She'll like you," You hold her out to him, "Trust me."

He bites his lip before taking Winona into his arms and holding her close. She looks up at him and blinks a few times, before a smile appears on her face and she hugs him like she did you. Patrick chuckles in disbelief and smiles back at her.

You grin and fold your arms over your chest, watching your daughter connect with her dad.

The three of you spend the next four hours together, catching up and playing with your daughter, dare I say, acting like a family.

You're sitting on the floor with Patrick, Winona playing with the stuffed animals scattered about. Just then, Patrick's phone starts to go off. You look over and watch as he pulls it out of his pocket, flipping it open to see who it  is and answering it, "Hello?" He stands up and leaves the room for  privacy.

Winona notices Patrick missing and sniffles, starting to tear up. "D-D-" She stammers.

"He'll come back, Win," You tell her with a small grin, "Don't worry. He...He always comes back." Your cheeks grow red.

"Hey, um..." Patrick returns to the room, slipping his phone back into his pocket and leaning against the back of the couch.

"Dada!" Winona claps her hands.

He smirks, "Hey baby girl." He glances down at you and says, "Hey, um, I've got to go."

"Oh," The smile on your face fades as you tilt your head back to look up at him, "Really?"

"Yeah, um, the guys are calling a mandatory band meeting and I'm kind of running late," He  explains. You nod your head in understanding, failing to hide your disappointment. "Well, um, thanks for having me over."

"It was no problem," You feign a smile, standing up and walking around the couch to open the door for him.

He grins and waves to Winona, "I hope to see you again, Win!"

"Dada, Dada!" She crawls forward and steadies herself on the couch, looking up at Patrick and extending her hands out to him. She loses her balance and falls back on her butt. You suppress a giggle as she rolls over on her stomach and tries to get back up.

Patrick chuckles and makes his way over to the door, saying, "I hope to see you again too, (Y/N). I had a lot of fun."

"Me too," You reply.

He bites his lip before leaning in and giving you a kiss on the cheek. He slowly pulls away and the two of you look into each other's eyes, your faces inches apart.

"I-I'll see you later,"  He stutters, stepping outside and closing the door behind him. You bring your hand up to your cheek as Winona sits up and sees you alone. She starts to cry.

"Dada?"

To Be Continued...?