Chapter 14

Here it is (finally XD). Chapter 14. Please enjoy.
*******

She could hear her heart beating in her chest painfully, like a jackhammer.

Her chest ached, her mouth was dry and her face was deathly pale. She didn't have enough magic to even put a bruise on any of these witches. There was no one to help her now.

She was completely on her own.

A light snow had begun to descend from the sky, as if the skies was weeping frozen tears for the fate she was about to meet, the tears that she herself had left unshed.

She could only stand there shivering and helpless on the blanket of snow, with her arms above her head and her head facing forward. She was now in a position of life and death, and she saw no way of escaping the latter.

If she didn't escape there, there would be no other chance of escape if she was brought to the coven prison to be beheaded. It was impossible to save anyone once they passed through that magic barrier. It was now or never, but the latter seemed to be the harsh reality.

Hecate's heart leapt as two witches began to approach her menacingly. The taller of the two, with piercing red eyes and short brown hair, waved her  hand in a circular motion delicately then turned her palm face up, where two long-chained cuffs appeared.

Amazing, she thought grimly. All without having to utter a single word.

Hecate's reflexes caused her to start backing away slowly, but a cold voice caused her muscles and body to tense up again. "Take another step back and I'll shoot an arrow straight through your skull, wench."

Hecate scowled bitterly as the restraints were placed on her hands and feet. The iron from the cuffs stung, and Hecate knew it was Knight's iron- a special kind of iron that absorbed magic from it's wearer and used their own magic against them.

After the restraints were placed on her securely, the red eyed witch gave a signal and all but 5 of the witches disappeared, seemingly absorbed by the darkness of the forest.

Two witches guarded Jeff inside his prison of black magic, while the other two stood on both sides of Hecate.

"What should we do with the human girl?" One of them questioned coldly, throwing a scornful glance at Molly, who had passed out on the ground.

"We can let her go free. The people in this town do not concern themselves with witches. They know better than to meddle in the affairs of the dark arts. Even if she tells all that she has seen, what difference will it make to any of them? They'll simply think that she's been cursed and she will be shunned. Now now, open the portal and let's get these two criminals to the prison."

Hecate didn't want her first time travelling through a teleportation portal to be like this- bounded in chains and being carried in for execution. She had wanted to achieve that level of power herself and travel freely through the space time continuum by herself, but it seemed it wasn't to be so.

The witch's subordinate obeyed her promptly, and soon a thin black portal opened revealing their destination on the other side, like a window.

"Bring the boy in first," she demanded, shoving Hecate slightly forward.

Hecate watched with narrowed eyes as Jeff laid unconscious in the floating black ball which was now being guided towards the portal.

"Then it's going to be your turn-" The witch started, but her words were cut off by a sharp gasp.

Hecate backed away and watched in horror and amazement as the witch in front of her began to flail and scream as dark, mysterious  symbols cut and carved their way into her skin, and she eventually fell to the ground lifelessly.