Chapter 9

Here's another update! Sorry if the pace is a but slow to you guys. I just want to make sure I introduce all aspects of the plot properly XD.
*********
The day went by like a wisp in the wind. Soon, night descended upon the small town and the few business owners that were left to close up their shops began to do so speedily, eager to get off the frozen streets and into their warm beds.

Jeff awoke at around 11 in the night on the carpet of a couple's living room-  of which he had slain mercilessly and carved his signature smile into their now lifeless faces.

He sat up with a slight groan, his neck feeling sore. His usual scowl deepened when the hands on the battered old clock on the blood stained wall told him that it was 11:15 in the night.

"It seems I've overslept again," he remarked to himself, feeling agitated at his actions. He knew it wasn't safe to hang around the home of his victims as it was only a matter of time before someone would come along and find the dead  bodies. As such, he decided to do his usual routine quickly.

He helped himself to whatever meat they had leftover in their refrigerator and decided to use their shower, since it beat taking a dip in the freezing cold brook at night.

Promptly after doing this, he left the house through the same window which he had entered through and bolted through the woods located conveniently in their backyards.

He knew his way around these woods well. After all, it was where he stayed hidden in the day, sharpening his knife and hunting wild game while waiting for the inky black of night to descend on the earth so that he could begin his killing spree.

He maneuvered his way through the woods well despite the lack of light, and soon exited the forest into the familiar square of the town. It was good enough now for him to walk around. There was only business open at this time, and he watched from a distance as the chubby, bald baker closed his shop and climbed into his old red van.

Jeff dashed down the street, now certain that everyone had retreated to their homes.

Tonight was the night he would pay a visit to the home of the witch whom he had tried to kill not so long ago. Except this time, as much as he despised this fact, he was not going to try to kill her. He would not let himself be seen.

No. He was going there for one purpose and one purpose only. To retrieve a few potions that would bring him back to optimum performance.

Then he could try to kill her. He never left a target alive. Once he targeted someone he had to kill them, no matter how long it took. That was the unspoken rule he had set for himself.

After running for a mile, he stopped to rest in the shadow of the town's library. He sat at the side of the building, his back pressed against the wall and body longing for a kill.

As soon as he got what he was going for, he would find some new targets and satisfy his lust for blood. He hadn't much time to waste before the sun came up, and so he stood up ready to invade the home of the young witch.

Just as he was about to remove himself from the shadows, an overwhelming scent invaded his senses. It was nearby.

An insane grin spread across his face and his hand subconsciously gripped his knife tighter. There was someone out tonight, and it was a woman. He could tell from the delicate scent which danced around his nose, and heightened his blood lust.

Sure enough he heard light, but hurried, footsteps coming closer. The woman, whoever she was, was about to walk past the library and Jeff was determined not to let his prey get away.