"Come on, let's go, let's go!" I clapped, rushing everyone, excluding Harry and Casey, since they've been there since the afternoon to practice and it was now six thirty.

Everyone hopped in the car, of course, Karen was driving, Wendy was sat beside her, Tasha and Dad in the backseat and then Ben and I right at the back. I hated the back of the car, it was always so squishy and there was barely any space for both Ben and I since we both big, grown men that took up a lot of room because of one, my height, and two, Ben's big broad shoulders and wide chest.

The place we were going to only had a minuscule car park, we decided to carpool and make our way together. I wasn't such a big fan of it, but Dad was all about saving money on petrol and lowering pollution levels.

Karen started driving and I took my phone out from my pocket and started scrolling through Facebook, I was pretty disappointed by the lack of new posts recently, I was half expecting somebody from Kingston High to be pregnant, but none of them were.

Some of my friends posted photos of their fresher's week during uni and I felt a little pang of jealousy in my chest when I realised how much I missed out because I was depressed and not feeling it.

My scrolling stopped short when I could feel eyes on me, I turned to be whose eyes were indeed, on me. I cocked a brow at him but he didn't say anything.

"I know I look great. Take a picture, it'll last longer." I muttered.

"No, actually, you didn't do your hair." He chuckled, "it's everywhere, I never realised your hair was curly."

My eyes widened and in a heartbeat, my hands flew to my hair, trying to tame it down by combing through it with my fingers.

"Here." He said, raising his hands up, I was confused as he bought them to my head and I half expected him to just ruffle it all up just to piss me off, but he didn't, he tidied it up.

He slicked my hair back a little, like he does with his usually, but it didn't make much of a difference, I guess when I get to the place, I'd have to use water.

"Thanks." I muttered as he dropped his hands again. My cheeks flushed so I turned away to face out the window instead, even though it was dark, I still felt a little conscious of it.

"You look... Good." He commented, then cleared his throat, "I mean, different. A good different."

I turned to face him again and had to bite my lip down hard so that I could stop myself from grinning from ear to ear, "thanks." I repeated, "these are the clothes I wore in Kingston, haven't worn them since."

"I know." He commented, "anybody would recognise those grey jeans since you wore them pretty much everyday."

"I did not!" I would never wear the same pair of jeans twice in the same week, at least the old me didn't.

Ben started smirking and I still couldn't decide whether or not I liked that smirk, I used to get it from him just before he would taunt me back in school but now, it just has a different meaning.

I couldn't meet his eyes, or that smirk, so I took a a glance to his outfit, but it was dark and I couldn't see much.

What I could see was checks, of course he'd wear something checkered, it's pretty much the only pattern in his closet. He wasn't dressed as smartly like me, but that was expected since Ben didn't do smart. Need I remind you that he wore tattered converses to prom and his tie wasn't even done properly on that night either.