Aesthetic ~ 3

"Do you notice with all these religions and cults, the God changes but the Devil stays the same?"

Aesthetic ~ 3

It wasn't until a couple of weeks pass that Afrika sees Jonathan again at the park. Her legs were crossed and her hands were formed in the okay sign, resting against her knees in a prim fashion. She had just got done stretching, bending her arms and legs in an almost uncomfortable position to conform to the difficult teachings of her dance instructor. It was her least favorite thing to do but it had to be done.

Eyes closed, she was breathing a little heavier than usual as she counts silently in her head to the thrum of her heartbeat. One two three, three two one.

"Hey." At this sudden new voice she starts, opening her eyes.

At seeing Jonathan's now familiar face, Afrika politely smiles. "Hi."

Jonathan pushes a hand in his pants pocket, eyes hiding behind a pair of black shades. "What are you up to?"

"I just got done stretching." She gives. He wasn't bothering her but why was here?

She assumes he was taking a moment to check out her attire, as he pauses before speaking again. "So do you dance recreationally or for a career?"

She blinks up at him, head a hot helmet with her hair out and flowing and thinks about his question. She was still figuring that one out for herself.

"I don't know." She finally says. "I'm still deciding. Right now it's a bit of both."

He nods silently, looking like he was thinking before he shrugs his shoulders. "Have you been here all day? You've worked up quite a sweat."

She hasn't, it's been about a couple hours now, but she laughs sarcastically at his question. The irony. "You're asking me? How are you not hot in that get up?" She gestures to his body, the thick pants that he was wearing and the baggy long sleeved shirt that was hanging off of him a large contradiction to the weather. On his feet were a pair of beat up shoes and he has the same ball cap that she's seen him on last pushed tightly on his head.

He was a step up from looking like a crack head.

Jonathan tugs at the neck of his shirt but looks unconcerned with her words. "I don't get hot easily. I'm okay."

Afrika raises her brows and says nothing, uncrossing her legs and putting them straight out in front of her. Her hands goes to her ankles as she stretches out her spine. Her hamstrings burn.

"Are you okay?" Jonathan asks, making her brows furrow.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She asks.

Jonathan licks his lips, eyes unreadable behind the shades. "Our last encounter wasn't exactly pleasant. You didn't suffer any long lasting damages did you?"

Oh that.

Mood immediately souring, she looks away towards the trees that were scattered everywhere, not wanting to talk about that horrible day.

"Yeah." She mutters.

Jonathan frowns, taking a step closer. "Are you sure?"