Aesthetic ~ 2

Aesthetic ~ 2

Pausing momentarily in shock, Afrika tears her arm away from the man from the truck and pushes him away. She draws back, harsh, angry and frantic. "Get your hands off of me, what are you doing!?"

The man leans forward as to grab her again and she recoils.

"We have to get you out of here, don't you see what's happening?" The man's face was troubled and his hand twitches, like he wants to grab her again.

Afrika frowns, looking around as everything becomes chaos. Signs were discarded on the ground, people were running everywhere trying to escape and the screaming. God, the screaming. It literally sounds like hell on earth. Her fellow protestors and associates were yelling and crying, calling about injustice and the inhumanness of it all. Everything was so scattered--in a big disarray of disfunction, it was confusing her. Her eyes flits around as she tries to search for Roxxanne. She was concerned about everyone else, but right now her sister needs her attention.

She turns back to the man. "I have to look for my friend! She's hurt I think." Her voice was high with her frustration and she was on the verge of literally sprinting away.

The man blinks his dark green eyes rapidly, looking uncertain. A body crashes into her from behind and he pulls her closer to him, helping the limping black man up.

"Okay but we have to go before they start using force." He concedes, rubbing the top of his nappy head.

So this wasn't force?

Afrika turns around without another word and scans the crowd for Roxxanne. The police were still spraying people with water and she winces as she sees someone get hit in the face. It was past time to go. Her searching pays off and she sees Roxxanne trying to help a fellow brother up, wrapping his arm around him. Without missing a beat, she runs in her direction, getting bombarded by the waves of water. Seconds later she was wet.

She makes it to Roxxanne's side panting. "Roxxanne, we have to go. It's too dangerous to stay here."

Roxxanne turns to face her, black coils slicked down her face and eyes rimmed in red. For a moment it looks like she's about to protest but then she nods.

"We have to get him out. A police officer bashed his leg."

Looking down, she sees where it looks like he has a bone fracture, blood dripping down his pants leg. Shuddering she wraps the mans other arm around her shoulder, helping with the weight. Roxxanne sighs inaudibly from the lack of pressure.

"Which way?" Afrika asks Roxxanne, looking around quickly. A couple of officers clad in light blue spots them and moves in their direction.

"This way." A raspy voice says.

It was the man from the truck on the other side of her.

She starts a little, having forgot about him that fast. Still she follows as he leads them back the way they've came.

"AYE YOU THERE! DONT TRY TO RUN NOW NIGGA."

Afrika's eyes widen and her heart pounds--glancing back she sees a white man sprinting at her with a baton in his hand.

"Hurry up, he's running." She exclaims wildly, trying to move her feet faster. Their speed increases for a bare moment when a second later she feels a harsh tug on her hair and then she's being jerked away from both Roxxanne and the man she was holding up. Tripping she falls down into a huge puddle of water and slams her head against the ground--she cries out. She feels a heavy weight on her and bucks up trying to dislodge this crazy person off of her: it was in vain.