Chapter 14

The next week love was in the air in McKinley as it was Valentine's week, plus Mr Shue had returned for good, and his wedding to Ms Pilsbury was on Valentine's Day!

I was bored in history class the day before when there was a knock on the door.

Looking up I saw Sam, Ryder, Jake, and Artie come into the room wearing red suits.

'Hey Mr Shue', Sam said, 'Could we maybe sing a song for one of the most special girls in the world?'

'You know I wouldn't say no!', Mr Shue smiled.

'Great!', Sam replied, turning to face me and the rest of the class, 'Well a lot of you know, I'm Sam Evans and I'm going out with the beautiful Lauren Griffin. I love her with all my heart, and I want to show her that. This is for you Laurz.'

I could feel my face was on fire from blushing, and then Sam and the guys started singing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guys: 'You're all I need, to get by. You're all.

Sam:  Like sweet morning dew.

Guys: I need.

Sam: I took one look at you.

Guys: To get by.

Sam: And it was plain to see, you were my destiny.

Guys: You're all.

Me: With arms open wide.

Guys: I need.

Me: I threw away my pride.

Guys: To get by.

Me: I'll sacrifice for you, dedicate my life to you. I will go where you lead.

Sam: Come on baby.

Me: Always there in time in need.

Sam: Oh oh oh and when I lose my will, you'll be there to push me up the hill. 

Sam & I: There's no no looking back for us, we've got a love sure enough that's enough. You're all, you're all I need to get by.

Guys: You're all I need.

Sam: Yeah, yeah.

Guys: To get by.

Sam: Oh, yeah.

Me: Ooh, ooh-ooh.

Sam: Listen.

Guys: You're all.

Sam: Like an eagle protects his nest.

Guys: I need.

Sam: For you I'll do my best.

Guys: To get by.

Sam: Stand by you like a tree, and dare anybody try and move me. 

Guys: You're all.