7

QOTC (Question of the chapter)
What is your favorite color?
AOTC (answer of the chapter) anything pastel
//

"That was delicious, thanks Xavier." I said as I rubbed my now full stomach.

"No problem," he replied.

"I have a question," I stated, waiting for Xavier to turn towards me.

"You always have a question," he grumbles.

"Geez, why the mood change?" I ask.

He gave me the look of 'bruh'. I raised my hands in surrender.

"Well, I better get going." Xavier says pushing back his chair, and standing up.

"How am I suppose to explain my mom about this?" I said lifting my arm a bit.

He shrugged.

I mentally groaned, "Okay, bye."

"You're not gonna lead me to the door?" He asks.

"Nope, seems like you know the way out, just like you know the way in." I forced out a smile.

Xavier stiffen when I mentioned that it seems like he's been in here before. And he didn't denied it either.

"Okay, bye." Xavier clears his throat, and walked faster than normal.

A few hours has passed, and I finished doing my homework. Homework was difficult. I have a broken writing arm. And it hurts to move it because it seems like I broke my wrist, not my arm. So I had to write with my left hand. Which wasn't as bad, since I'm ambidextrous.

'I'll be home by 5'

I read the text message from my mom. I glanced at the clock that's placed above the TV in the living room. Just twenty more minutes.

I ran upstairs, and changed into a more comfortable clothing.

I jumped on my bed, making sure I don't hurt my wrist, and stared at the white ceiling

I jumped on my bed, making sure I don't hurt my wrist, and stared at the white ceiling. I really need to do something to that ceiling fan.

"Lassie! You home?" Shouts my mom from downstairs.

"Yeah," I shout back, getting off my bed and walking downstairs.

"Oh, my god! Lassie, what happened to your arm?!" My mom covered her mouth from screaming in shock.

"I was pushed down a staircase," I said truthfully. There's no point in lying, she'll end up finding out anyway.

"Oh, Lassie," she came over to me, and hugged me.

"I'm sorry,—"

"Mom, why are you sorry? It's not your fault. Please don't blame it on yourself. I should've been more careful anyway." I say hugging her back with my left arm.

She quickly let go, "Are you sure your okay? We could move if you want–"

"No, no. It's fine. I like this house." I say. Move? No way. I just got settled in this house. There is no way I am moving this soon.

"Okay, well– I can transfer you to a different school, maybe to a school closer to where I work. So then I'll be able you drop you off and pick you up." She says still not understanding when I say I'll stay.

"Mom, it's okay, really." I say putting my good arm on her shoulder.

"You should get rest," I chuckled as we both say the same thing.

My mom broke a smile. The smile that is contagious.

"Alright, have you eaten yet?" She asks changing the subject– thank god.

"Yeah. Have you eaten?" I ask.

My mom nods.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I ask. I miss those sleepless nights.

"Don't you have homework?"

I shook my head, "I finished it. "

"Alright, let's go!" My mom yells, and she skipped to the living room, for we were in the kitchen.

My mom already passed out during the movie. I don't blame her, she went to work early, and went home around five.

It's now 7:47 PM. I can't have those sleepless nights in I have school tomorrow. I won't be able to open my eyes.

I grabbed a spare blanket from the cupboard and put it over my sleeping mom.

If anyone sees us out in public together, they'll think we're sisters instead of mother and daughter.