Chapter 33; Silly Demon

Start from the beginning

With that one touch E.N.D knew it was as close to heaven as he would ever get.

The tension creeped out of his body and he curled his tail around her ankles. He needed to feel her more. So, he flared his wings and covered her back with them, resembling a cocoon of sorts. E.N.D brought his other hand up and palmed her smooth cheek. The Great Demon sighed contently before leaning his neck forward, and brushed his forehead against her own.

No wonder why his lesser self loved this so much.

E.N.D, for the first time in his whole diabolical life, he felt... Safe.

A golden tipped dagger plunged between his ribs and arched up, digging through his flesh to get to his heart. E.N.D jerked back, not in pain really, but in surprise. Part of his mind, the lighter one, half expected to find another dull Magic user that had come to slay him. However, the darker part of his mind, the superior one, knew better.

The strike had come from the woman in his arms.

Luce had tried to take out the very thing she loved.

E.N.D's arms dropped from her skin and his wings slowly moved away. The shadows that his wings had caused recoiled from the Princess' face and what E.N.D saw sent something cold racing down his spine.
Luce was smiling.
Smiling as she twisted the dagger cruelly.

E.N.D's face fell and took on a blank mask. "What's this?" The Demon murmured, grabbing Luce's wrist, and pulling it away from the dagger's hilt. The golden dagger remained wedged deeply into the Demon's ribs but he did not care at that moment. He was too busy staring into Luce's too dark eyes. Those were not her eyes. No.
All the light had been snuffed out.

"What have you done?" E.N.D wondered, studying a Princess who he thought he had known. A Princess that was no longer there to be seen. "What have you allowed to take over you?"

Lucy titled one side of her lips up into a sharp grin. "What?" She mocked, "Don't like the new me?" Lucy wrenched herself out of E.N.D's slack hold and leaped back a step or two. "I find that this is rather a fine improvement." She curtsied, that same devilish grin still marring her face, her tangled locks shadowing her eyes. "Don't you think?"

E.N.D squared his shoulders as the tendrils that served as his healers wrapped around the dagger and pulled it out. Before the blade could even hit the ground the wound was healed. E.N.D glanced down at the weapon and clicked his tongue in annoyance when he saw the symbol carved into the golden hilt.

The twisted symbol of the Lion; Leo.

"You are with the those lowly stars..." The Demon observed with clear distaste. "How dull." Lucy straightened her spine and fixed E.N.D with eyes overflowing with so much hate that it could not even hope to fill an entire ocean. "You will not think it so dull when you can see what you look like without any skin." Her threat was backed up by the crack of her whip.

E.N.D's face softened and a feeling of sorrow flashed deep within him. This were not his emotions. He knew that. Though he much wanted to believe that even he was capable of feeling something besides bloodlust and hatred. However, he knew he could never feel those other emotions that others have so freely. He was a Demon after all with Hell fire burning within him.

A Demon was not supposed to feel...not even a Princess could change that.

E.N.D's tail flicked in the air behind him and his talons clicked together as Lucy began to circle him. His black and red eyes followed her every silent step. "What happened to you, Luce? What did you do to yourself?"