Chapter 11; Rage of a Dragon

~Rage of a Dragon~

Tell me what you all think of this chapter! I love to hear from you all ^.^

The smell of Lucy's fresh blood, which spiked his senses, was what brought Natsu's attention toward her.

Her and Jose.

Oh, did Natsu know all about him. He had heard the legends and tales swarming around this man that now held his friend in his bloody hands. His hands that had stolen too many lives already. His hands that should not be touching the Princesses pure skin.

If Lucy thought that Natsu had been angry before, it was nothing compared to the suffocating rage that filled the air, and coated the Dragon in waves.

"Hello, Dragon

"Hello, Dragon." Jose greeted, his tone light, and carefree. As if he knew he had already won. "Now, if you don't step aside and let me, the rest of my men, and the Princess, through..." Lucy's breath caught in her throat when Jose slid the blade down her cheek, spilling more of her blood.
It made Natsu's fire pulse.
"I'd just hate to mangle a face such as hers."

Natsu slowly rose up from his fighting stance, his eyes locked on the blade at her throat. His spine straightened and the muscles in his arms and shoulders visibly tightened. His back was facing them and Lucy could see his body viable shaking.
She thought it was fear.
But...no.
It was anger.

With slow movements he began to turn his head to look over his shoulder. Lucy's heart stopped when his eyes locked on the man holding her in front of him like a human shield. His pupils were so dialated that it didn't look like he even had any. His eyes were bottomless black pools. Lucy's heart stopped.

Natsu was silent. She could hear the wind as it lightly blew her hair back and the crackling of the fire. The moans and groans of the hurt men was the only thing filling the silence. Then Natsu cocked his head to the side as if he were confused.
His first movement in a long while.  His eyes never strayed away from where he was watching the man intently. Jose tightened his grip on Lucy slightly.
She could barely contain her smirk.
He was beginning to fidget with unease.

Natsu's eyes strayed from the knife that was cutting into her, to her shaking eyes.

That's when Natsu grinned.