Chapter 24

(Elza's pov)

I hear footsteps stop at my door. With a curious feeling I look up to see who it is. In the doorway I see a woman with long blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. A jolt of recognition goes trough my stomach.

"Mom?" I call out. The woman I know to be my mom starts to run away and I want to follow her but I have a broken leg so that's not going to happen.

"Elza? Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." It's Andy who walks in my room.

"Did you see the blonde woman?" I ask him immediately.

"No, I didn't. Not that I looked so maybe I just didn't see her walking past. Why?" He smiles at me. He really acts like my big brother and it feels comfortable, especially in a situation like this.

"It was my mother. She came to my door but didn't enter. She just ran away." I whisper the last part.

"Your mother? I thought she was dead?" Andy asks with a soothing voice while taking my hand in his.

"Well, I thought so too. But her body was never found. She just went missing for years and was declared dead. So yeah. She is still alive apparently." But why did she ran away now? Do I even want to see her after she abandoned me for so many years? In times I needed her the most.

"It's going to be alright. You don't have to feel happy she is back. It's normal to feel betrayal so don't blame yourself for it." Andy says while squeezing in my hand. He can read my mind, there is no other explanation. "Or I just can read the expression on your face?" He asks with a laugh and that makes me smile. I punch him playfully wit my good arm.

"You asshole." I giggle. "I love you, Andy."

"I love you too, sis." He says with a wink. "Talking about siblings, Taylor brings Dalì when she visits. That'll probably be in an hour."

"Great, I miss him." I say, ignoring the bolt of lightning that goes trough me when he mentions Taylor.

"Yeah, I figured." Andy grins and I know he is on to me. I just push him again and we both laugh.

"You two have a lot of fun." I look up and see Demi standing in the doorway. She has a big grin on her face. In her hand she holds a cute little teddy bear.

"Demi. Nice to see you!!" I say with a big smile.

"Yeah, it's always nice seeing my pretty face, isn't it?" She grins and walks towards the bed. "Here you go. You once told me you wanted to get a teddy bear from me if you ever had to lay in a hospital. Like the good friend I am I kept my promise."

I giggle, remembering the day all too well. Not that it was a funny day, but Demi made everything better.

"Thanks. You are a keeper." I say with a grin when she handles me the bear.
"He is so cute. I can't even begin to describe it."

"Just as cute as you are." Demi says with a wink.

"Stop flirting. Your girlfriend is going to rip Elza's troath out if she hears." Andy chuckles. I know it's the truth but I just laugh and smile at Demi.

"Does one of you have cards? I want to play a game." I say with enthusiasm.

"No, but I can get one in the shop?" Andy suggests and I nod my head immediately. I really need something to pass the time. I have to stay two more days before I finally can go home.

"That's not necessary. Dalì is here with a lot of board games" We all look up to see Taylor and Dalì standing there, hands full of games.

"Little monkey. Did you bring whole your closet?" I say with a giggle.

"Yes. I didn't know which one you wanted to play. Are you in pain sis?" He asks with a lot of concern on his face.

"No, not anymore. They give me good painkillers here." I answer with a big smile on my face. "Can I get a hug?"

Dalì runs towards me and hugs me at my good side. "I love you."

"I love you too brother." I smile. "And now let me beat you at the game."

"Not a chance." He answers with a giggle.

#####

Thank you so so so much for reading this. It makes me so happy to see all the views, votes and comments.

I love you all. (:

Ps: the picture is from my vacation. I went to sea. (: but maybe it's a hint? ^^