Chapter 9

"No." I say bluntly. "She is my best friend and I will not kiss her." I explain when the circle looks at me with surprised faces. Demi looks hurt and it breaks my heart.

"Let her kiss Andy instead." She says, her voice sounding angry. A frown appears on my face. She's acting so weird at the moment.

"Demi, I don't think..." Louis begins hesitantly. He gets cut off by a fuming Demi.

"You don't have to think. Do it Elza." Demi says with blazing eyes.

"Demi, what's the matter with you? You are acting so weird all of a sudden." I say, true surprise in my voice.

"Do it or I will never speak to you again." She hisses. Can it be she drunk to much, or maybe she just has her period.

"Okay, if that makes you happy." I snap before I take Andy's neck and drag him in a kiss. His lips are softer than I expected and he is very gentle, kissing me back carefully. The thing is I feel nothing, absolutely nothing, and that worries me.

"There, are you happy now?" I ask Demi, but Demi's gone and so is Taylor.

Jezus, what is this shit.

Demi has never been a dramaqueen and now she is the biggest one I know.

"You are blind aren't you?" Harry says with a disapproving look on his face.

"I'm gonna go and find Demi." I say while standing up.

"That's not a good idea, give her some space. Maybe it's better for you to go home." Harry says.

"What do you know? Do you really think you know what's best for Demi? I have known her for years!" I say, a sudden burst of anger going trough my body.

"Yes, you have known her for years, still you don't now her in the way we do. Just trust me." Harry says, his voice still calm and deep and stupid curly-haired boy.

"I'm going to pick up my brother then. Tomorrow she can find me on the swings from midday until two." I say before I stand up.

"I will bring you home. It's dangerous to walk alone in the dark." Andy says. Oh, I was so caught up in talking to Harry that I forgot Andy's still here.

"If you insist." I say with a shrug.

♧♧♧

The air is chilly. Goosebumps appear on my bare arms.

"Here, take my jacket." Andy says. It's sweet of him but it annoys me too. I have to tell him we can't be more than friends.

"Thank you. I'm so stupid. Who forgets his jacket?" I say with a sigh while putting Andy's on.

"It happens to the best." He says with a kind smile. "So, your Ethan." He looks at my brother, the kind smile still on his face.

"Yes, that's me." A loud yawn escapes his mouth. "I'm tired."

"Do I have to carry you?" Andy asks, arms already open wide.

"Yes!" Ethan yells enthusiastically. A smile appears on my lips. He is good with kids, I can give him that. Ethan jumps in his arms amd Andy carries him like a baby. Ethan looks so fragile like this.

"You'll never can get rid of him now." I say with a laugh. "It's a real monkey."

"Heeeey! Am not." Ethan protests. Andy and I laugh loudly.

♧♧♧

I sit on the swing, waiting for Demi. My hear waves around me. It's half past one and I don't think she will come but I wait nonetheless. I watch my cellphone for the millionth time. Five past two. A sigh leaves my lips, frustration the most persistent feeling in my body. What is going on... It hurts, it hurt so bad. Demi doesn't tell me anything anymore. Like she has a secret life I don't know anything of.

"Elza. You're still here." It's a deep voice, not Demi's. I stop the swing and look into a pair of blue eyes.

"Hello Andy." I say, not very enthusiastic.

"Everything alright?" He asks concerned.

"Not really. Demi hasn't come." My eyes start to burn and I can't stop the tears from rolling over my cheeks. Jezus, normally I hate books in which the girl is whiney and now look at me.

With much force I swipe the tears of my face.

"You can cry. It's your best friend you know." He says with a sympathetic smile. "Come here." He takes me in his arms and hugs me thight while I cry on his shoulder.

"I don't want to be mean but..." I say once I have stopped acting like a baby. "I don't want to be more than friends. I don't want to mislead you or anything." Hopefully he isn't offended right now.

"Don't worry. You are beautiful and all but I prefer boys." He says with a crooked grin.

"But... the kiss and flirting..." The surprise is clear to see on my face. I bet I look like an idiot.

"I was messing with Taylor." He laughs. "Taylor thinks she can get any girl she wants, but you're not some kind of trophy and I hope Taylor stops flirting with you now." He explains.

"Makes sense. Although I guess she won't stop. She is very irritating. Thanks anyway I guess." A smile is back on my face. "Let's keep the act going, maybe Taylor gives up after a while." The suggestion is out of my mouth before I know it.

"Okay. Let's make Taylor pissed." He answers with twinkling eyes.

Finally someone who hates Taylor as much as I do.

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢
Sorry for the late update. :(
Hope you enjoyed it nonetheless!!
Like or comment if you liked it a little please! Thank you.