Chapter 15

When I wake up the next morning, there are three other people in the bed. There is Taylor, Dalì and Demi. She apparently heard the news and came to me as soon as she could. She is like that. It makes me smile even though my life is a mess at the moment. A knock on the door makes my heart do a somersault. The others wake up too.

"Breakfast is ready for you all. Andy has come too." I hear Taylor's father say.

"We'll be right down." I say. "Thank you for letting them in your house."

"No problem." Taylor's father says with a little laugh before walking away.

"Thank you, Demi and Taylor. We appreciate you both for supporting us." I say polity.

"Don't be silly. You are my best friend, and Dalì is like a brother to me." Demi says. It's weird she doesn't say that I'm like a sister to her, but I don't ponder on that fact. I have more urgent things to think about at the moment.

"We love you. And so we'll always be here for you. Let's stand up. Andy is waiting for you too." Taylor smiles and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling even though I tell myself not too. Not that I don't want to be with Taylor but how can I do this with all the drama around me? I have Dalì to care for now. He's my brother and I will have to fend for him now.

"I know you both love Dalì and me but I will have to do this on my own. Nobody can bare this with me. It's only mine." I say while crawling out of bed.

"You are wrong with that assumption. We are your friends, best friends, might I add." A little grin plays around Demi's lips.

"Yeah, you don't stand alone. Dalì, what do you think?" Taylor asks while hugging him close.

"My sister isn't right. She can't do this alone." Dalì says, his eyes looking intently at me. I know I'll have too. Dalì is too young to understand the situation. If I don't do it, we have to be placed in an other family. Maybe not in the same. I can't bare the thought of being away from my little brother.

"We have to go downstairs now. Andy is waiting." Demi says while stepping out of the bed. Taylor soon follows and Dalì after her. He slips his little hand into mine and it makes me almost tear up again.

As soon as we step into the kitchen, my brother gets picked up by Andy.

"Hello little monkey. I missed you." He says while hugging my brother very close.

"I missed you too, Blackie." Dalì even giggles a bit when he says it.

"Heeeey, that is unacceptable." Andy says with a laugh. "You better call me shark or crocodile. That's cool."

"No. You are my Blackie. A black Labrador." Dalì pets Andy's head and it looks funny. We all have to laugh with it.

Then we take place at the table and start eating the large breakfast Mr an Mss Greene have put on the table. There are croissants, French bread and other things I don't even recognize. There is always a lot of food here but today there is even more. It makes me a little suspicious.

Andy and Dalì tickle each other. Demi is talking with Taylor's parents and Taylor and I sit in silence. She puts a hand on my thigh and squeezes it as sign of support. I smile at her.

"So." Mr Greene clears his throath. "We have talked all night about this and my wife and I agree that we can't let you fend four yourselves." He says it while looking at me. "Therefore we decided to adopt you guys." So that's why there is so many food this morning.

I smile for the sake of Dalì who jumps up and hugs the two generous people tightly. Don't get me wrong. I love them for doing this, it will give Dalì the life he deserves and that's more important to me then anything else in the world. There is only one problem. A problem that only I can see in the bigger picture. Taylor and I, will become sisters...

(A/n): So, what do you guys think will happen next? ^^
Leave me some votes and/or comments if you have got the time.
That would be nice. :p
Important: In my country, Belgium there is a rule that people who go missing for a very long time without any sign, dead or alive, from them that the law will see them as dead. That's the reason why Mr and Mss Greene can adopt Elza. Her mom has been declared dead.