TSD 17: The Big Joke

Start from the beginning

She took a shower, brushed her teeth and lotioned up. She put on a pair of high waisted jean shorts, and a cotton white bustier. She paired it with white low top converse and just threw her hair in a ponytail. Just as she finished spritzing her perfume and putting on her earrings, she heard a knock on her door just as she was ready. She went and opened the door to see Caesar standing there in a white V-Neck, khaki cargo shorts, and some Nike slipons. He wore a gold chain and a diamond earring in his ear. His dreads were in a ponytail, falling down his back.

"Hey beautiful." He smiled and embraced her. "You smell good."

"So do you." She laughed.

"I wanted to take you out, just you and me." He said, "We'll meet up with my friends after."

She nodded, and put on her cross body bag, dropping her phone, room key, lip gloss and other essentials inside.

They walked side by side on the board walk and he grabbed her hand. She smiled at his proud claim for her, but at the same time felt a little nervous that he would be possessive. They walked into a little grill, it had a bar kind of feel to it, but also quite family-oriented. They took a seat in a booth, and looked at the menus. Ka'Miko ordered a burger and some french fries, while he ordered chicken wings and potato wedges. While they waited for their food they sipped their cokes.

"So tell me about yourself." He said.

"I always hate this question," She laughed, "Well, I'm 18, I was born and raised in New York..I sort of kinda work at footlocker."

He laughed, "Sort of kinda?"

"Yeah." She grinned, "I love to cook, and I just came to MB for a little break." She concluded.

"I love a woman that can cook." He smiled, "I'm 19, in college for football mainly. But, I'm studying to be a gym teacher if all else fails. Right now, I'm working at a sports store, and I promote parties from time to time." He told her.

"That's nice. I'm glad you've got so much going for you. I like that." She said.

"I like you." He replied with a grin.

She blushed, as they got their food brought to them. They ate and got to know each other, Caesar talked about his close relationship with his mother and father; He's also an only child, he explained that's why he loved to be social cause he never had that as a kid. Ka'Miko left out the details about her parents, but she told him that they were both dead. He didn't want to give too much of herself too soon because she felt like it might scare him off. She felt kind of guilty about being here with him due to Pharaoh, but she knew that they were no longer together and like his mother said, she had to spread her wings and experience other people.

They finished their food, and spent the day talking, before heading back to the resort. A pool party was being hosted at the hotel. They walked in together and everyone greeted Caesar, and then Ka'Miko.

"You're so cute." One girl said to her.

Ka'Miko smiled, "Thanks."

"You did good with this one." His friend complimented him.

Caesar smiled proudly. He introduced Ka'Miko to everyone before getting her a drink. She just sat at the edge of the pool sipping her beer, while he went to socialize.

"Hey Ka'Miko." A familiar voice said.

She looked up to see none other than Victoria, Briyana and Helen. She frowned, they all looked exactly the same while Ka'Miko looked different, more groomed, grown and beautiful then she was before in high school.