18 Chapter - Streaming water

Start from the beginning

"Scar?" I call out to catch her attention.

"Hailey? What are you doing here?" she asks me as she tries to get rid of the remaining tears on her face.

"I was walking when I heard someone crying... What's wrong?" seeing her in this state pains me. Even though I'm still mad at her, I couldn't help but to sit down beside and pull her body close to mine.

A few minutes pass by before she stops crying. She looks at me "Thank you." she tells me sincerely.

"No problem"

"Can we walk?" she asks, unsure of my answer.

"Why not?" I simply respond as we get up and make our way further in the park.

We stroll by trees in silence, admiring nature's beauty. I felt something brush against my hand and I quickly look over to see Scarlett blushing terribly and mumbling a quick sorry before putting some distance between us.

I hear my phone beep saying I got a text and I swiftly take it out and open it up.

From: Hamlet

"Better to have been three hours too soon than a minute too late"

I guess my confused and distraught expression alerts Scarlett as she snatches the phone from my grip. She visibly pales as she reads the text and her mood quickly changes, but she masks her exasperated expression.

"Who's Hamlet?" she asks me nonchalantly. Almost like she knew the answer...

"Just some guy Mia and I know..." I trail off hoping she'll buy it.

She takes a moment before nodding and continues walking.

"How are you?" she asks me after a few minutes of silence as we keep walking together.

"Okay, I guess... How about you?"

"I've been- same really." she quickly cuts herself off.

"I have a question if it's not too much trouble." I stop walking and look at her expectantly.

"Shoot" she bids me to continue.

"How do you really know Jessica, Scar?" I fire at her.

She looks at me, trying to think if she should tell me "You won't like the answer, Hailey."

"I don't care, I want to know." I tell her, slightly getting mad.

She sighs, but nods saying she'll tell me. "Alright, take a seat" she gestures to the park bench not far beside us.