01 Chapter - Nothing I can't handle

Hello! :) So this is my new story as you can see and I really hope you guys are going to love it. I've kinda had some dreams about this and I've decided to write stories about them. Put them all together :) I know it may seem strange, but I'll make sure they all coinside with each other ;) Anyways here's without futher ado, Chapter 01 of Ain't going down without a fight !

-Ronnie :)x

-*-*-*-*-*-

Hailey's POV

I woke up with a huge headache and my vision was blurred. While my vision was coming back, I heard my door open followed by footsteps and chatter. I blinked and saw my father, my older brother and his friends all looking at me with different kinds of stares. My father looked sad. Hayden, my brother, looked severely irritated of always ending up visiting me in my hospital rooms. The boys had mixed feelings. Some were sympathetic and others shocked, but one stood out like a brown cow in the white cow pasture. Luke, my ex-bestfriend was looking at me so much disgust, I could easily have been disgusted with myself.

"How are you feeling Haileykins?" my dad asked me worried. Haileykins was his special nickname for me and he never called me anything but that. "Seriously dad, I'm fine. It's nothing I'm used to." I respond peeved.

Hayden scoffs and everyone's attention turns to him. "Really? If it's nothing you can't handle then why are you always ending up in hospitals?" he asks rudely. I gasped not expecting this. "For your information, most of the time I refuse to go. And if I remember correctly, I'm always forced to go because it could be a liability to the gym if I don't get escorted to one." I retort with annoyance.

Hayden rolls his eyes knowing he wouldn't win this argument and he better. I don't take shit from anyone and if my buttons are pushed too far, they'll know that as well.

Let me introduce myself since you're going to be around for a little while! The name's Hailey Smith, I'm almost 15 and I'm a sophomore at Penola high. I've been kick boxing for 3 years now and I started competing in tournaments maybe a year ago. I don't have any friends, but I do have a special someone. Well you see there's this girl.. yes I know I said girl. You see I'm bisexual and I've been for a while, but no one knows. Not anymore I mean; my mom knew, but she passed away 3 years ago. I could trust my mom with literally anything and I knew she wouldn't judge me, only trying to understand where I was coming from. I miss my mom terribly, no one could replace her. Anyways sorry to bore you with that, but I thought it might be something important to know. So this girl's name is Scarlett. Scarlett Miller is her beautiful name. We've been seeing each other for 7 months and we're absolutely happy together. She's two years older than me, but we complement each other very well. I'm more mature for my age and she's immature for hers, so we kinda have the same mental state you could say? There's just one problem: we're both from each other's rival school. See Penola and Anchorage have this feud in every single thing. Academics, sports, you name it. Students don't associate with the rival school's students or else you kinda get shunned from your own school. You get rejected and people sorta hate you for it. I'm already at the bottom of the social chain, but Scarlet is popular at her school and it's basically social suicide seeing me. I guess she must really love me. It gives me fuzzy feelings, just like butterflies fluttering in my stomach. It's a wonderful feeling.

I hadn't noticed that my dad was talking to me and he saw I wasn't paying attention and he sighed. "Okay Haileykins since you weren't listening, I'm leaving for 2 weeks on business and your brother is in charge. Try to stay out of trouble please. I love you, but I have to go pack. I'll talk to you guys soon" He came forwards and gave me a kiss on my forehead, gave a pat on my brother's shoulder and left.

"Well we would like to stay and everything, but we got things to do. If you need anything just call or something." Hayden informed me with less than desired enthusiasm.

I sighed being used to this. Dad always left like this when I was in the hospital. He would put Hayden in charge and Hayden couldn't give the slightest damn about me so he would be like this. I missed being close to him and the boys. Ever since mom died, our relationships got strained and it got worse when Luke and I had a huge fall out last year. I don't feel comfortable telling you about it yet, but with time I just might.

"Alright bro will do" I simply respond knowing there's no point of trying anymore. Hayden was done with me. The boys were done with me. All because of Mia, that damned bitch. I swear, she has been out to get me ever since junior high. I used to be popular and Mia didn't like sharing the spotlight with me. She did everything in her power to destroy me. She might have taken my popularity, but she hasn't taken away my fighting spirit. There's a burning flame inside me and it gets easily fired up at the slightest provocation. Little things set me off and when I do, all I see is red. It might just be anger issues, but I'm not easily persuaded about this. It comes in handy when I fight, cause I have this strength that comes out and I fight with agility. Like a hawk preying.

"Okay, see ya. I'll be back whenever you get released." and with that, they walked out my room door.

I wish things would be simpler, but sadly, it's easier said than done.

-*-*-*-*-*-

So here it is, the first chapter :D hope you like it enough to continue reading it :O Please vote and comment, it'll show me that people actually want me to update it and want to read it! <3 it would mean a lot to me as well :)x

For the updates schedule, I'm not sure yet. Chapters are most likely to be posted at night since I might be working night shifts soon.. and the length might be 3-4 days apart depending on the substance and quality of my chapters. I don't want to upload crap for you to read so that means I try to proofread as much as possible to make it as good as I can produce :) anyways since I'm having bursts of ideas the next few chapters will be uploaded very shortly so stay tunned and please..

VOTE + COMMENT AND I WILL SEND YOU VIRTUAL HUGS AND COOKIES FOR ALL <3 :)xx

-Ronnie :)x