08 Chapter - Am I dreaming?

Hi love muffins :) Here is chapter 08 :D hope you like it as much as I did. I had my eyes closed while writing this, just imaginating it. I had a similar experience except it was with my grandmother. She told me through a dream that everyone must hit rock bottom before coming back up. 

Wise words grandmama :)

Anyways enjoy!

-Ronnie :)x

-*-*-*-

Hailey's POV

Was this a dream? It was dark and cold. I didn't know where I was exactly, but I don't know if I even wanna know. It was eerie and mysterious. There was light down casted onto the floor. I took a few steps forward toward it and felt a burst of wind pass me on my left side. I saw a shadowy figure in my peripheral vision and jumped back in surprise.

This person had jet black hair since it was spilling out of the brown leather jacket they were sporting. They were also wearing black skinny jeans and calf boots. It was a girl for sure, but why was I being shown this person? Have I seen them before? Wait.. leather jacket? Boots? I saw this before! It was in my backyard, I saw this person when I looked out the windows after I got out of the shower!

They must be important since my conscious is showing me this. Who could they possibly be? Is it Hamlet? It would make sense...

Black hair.. Scarlett has black hair, she knows a few of my secrets and she called me Darling. Things are pointing in her direction, but maybe it's just coincidental? Yes? No? Ugh, I have no idea.

I feel like someone is taking hold of my hands. Its hand is quite bigger than mine so I'm guessing it's a guy. I hear tiny murmurs getting louder and louder. Was someone talking to me?

I try to focus on the voice, I push everything out and focus on that one thing. It sounds like a collection of voices, many people talking. One of them protrudes more, it sounds like Hayden.

"Please Hailey, wake up. I'm a mess without you, please!" I heard the pleading cries of my brother. I can honestly say my heart broke in half at the rawness in his voice. The other time he sounded like this was when mom died. That was three years ago.

"She'll wake up man, she's a little fighter." ... Luke? I think that was Luke, his voice was less defined.

Everything suddenly started getting quiet, it felt heavier to breathe for some strange reason. It was almost suffocating.

It felt like I was being lifted again, but not by human force. I saw a white light and a figure approaching. I try to decipher who could it be, but then I recognize that beautiful red hair anywhere.

"Mom?" I manage to croak out.

"Yes honey, it's mom. Listen, I don't have much time here, but I need to tell you something important." she sternly says. I nod, acknowledging what she just said. "Looks are deceiving and can easily be manipulated, don't judge too fast or else you'll suffer the consequences. The people who were always there for you, in different ways, will ultimately help you during this."

Is this even reality? My own mother, dead as I may add, is talking to me? What is she warning me about?! Is this about Hamlet?

"Who is Hamlet mom?!" I press her quickly

She chuckles while shaking her head. "Sorry love, I can't tell you yet, but everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Remember that sweetheart" she says angelically before she dissipates with the white light and I am left in darkness.

It feels easier to breathe as well, I noticed. I suddenly feel more aware and that's when I finally realize that everywhere fucking hurts.

I remember everything. The fight and the darkness, am I at the hospital? Probably, I mean I always wake up there, I remind myself smugly.