18 Chapter - Streaming water

Hailey's POV

Morning came around too quickly. I awoke to find Mia peacefully sleepy beside me. I look at her alarm clock and noticed it was eleven in the morning. I slowly and quietly get out of bed, not wanting to awaken her.

I went to the bathroom with my change of clothes and took a quick shower.

After I finished getting ready, I headed to her kitchen as halted when I saw her brother sitting on a stool just messing around with his phone.

I guess her must have felt a presence behind him because he turns around and gives me a small smile.

"Good morning." he greets me

"Morning, I thought Mia said you were at a friend's?" I question him.

"I left early this morning." was his response before his phone's chime grabbed his attention. He skimmed over it before taking a thoughtful glance at me and returned to his phone to probably answer the message.

I simply shrugged to myself before making breakfast for Mia and I.

Just as I was finishing plating our breakfast, she comes down dressed and everything takes a seat as far away from her brother. I mentally raise my brow because they have a tight-knit brother-sister relationship. Maybe they just had an argument that's all.

I send a questioning glance over at Mia, but she simply shrugs it off like it's no big deal. Alright then...

I gently place her food in front of her and she thanks me before diving her and making appreciative noise at the delicious food.

"So what are you girls doing today?" Greg asks us.

We both look at each other. I was going to pay Marty a visit today and I think Mia was hanging out with Luke?

"I'm hanging out with Luke today." Mia confirms my thoughts.

They both look over to me before I answer "I might take a short walk and then go see Marty at the gym for a visit. Haven't seen him in a while."

They both nod before returning to their previous actions.

I take a seat besides Mia and quickly eat up before putting it in the sink and picking up whatever I left out.

As soon as I was ready to go, I put on my sneakers and walked outside. It was quite mild today so I'm really happy I brought a jumper along with me.

I was just wandering around and decided to cut through the park nearby.

As I was walking by the jungle gym, I heard some crying. Seeing as I was a curious person by nature, I decided to check it out. I walk around to find Scarlett sitting on the ground, hugging herself as she cries.