06 Chapter - Betrayal is the only truth that sticks

I dedicate this chapter to another one of my favorite authors, TwerkingWithHarry69, because she is an awesome writer and I love all of her stories :)

-Ronnie :)x

-*-*-*-*-*-

Hailey's POV

While the guys were gone to the park, dad called saying he was sorry but he had to stay for another two weeks. I reassured him it was fine and to not worry about us.

As soon as I hung up, the phone started ringing again. I was thinking it was just dad that forgot to mention something so I quickly answered. "Yeah dad?"

"Hailey?.. Can we meet up?" so last time, my ears did not deceive me. It was Jessica.

Let me explain this since I didn't really tell you about Jessica.

You see Jessica's my best friend since primary school. Well I think she still is. We were always joined to the hip. We were both hot headed girls, but never took it out on one another. She was more of a martial artist and I was more of a kick boxer. We both loved fighting and sometimes even rough-housed with each other. Except that a few months ago, she started ignoring me for a reason that I still don't know and then out of the blue, she packs up and leaves with her family not giving anyone any specifics. They basically vanished in a matter of a week. Like I told you before, I tried keeping contact with her as much as I could, but she was always rejecting my texts or calls so I gave up trying.  That night, at Scarlett's, was the first time I heard her voice after she left.

"Booboo? Is it really you?" I question just to be sure.

"Yes babes, it's me. Can we meet up?" she asks once again. I'm still on the fence of her completely shutting me out of her life, but I'm too happy that she finally reached out to reject the invite.

"Of course silly! Our cafe, tomorrow morning?" I asked excited.

She lets out a breath that I think she didn't knew she was holding. Maybe she was afraid I would reject her invitation? "Sounds perfect, 11's good for you?"

"Perfect as well. It was nice hearing from you boo" I say happily.

"It was nice just hearing you, I miss you." she says strained.

"See you tomorrow, can't wait!" and with that we both hung up. Wow, after months of being in the dark, maybe she'll tell me what was wrong?

*Beep beep*

Oh! Maybe it's Jess, we have the habit of texting each other right after a phone conversation. Sue us. I take a look at my phone to see it wasn't from Jess, but from Hamlet:

- Keep your friends close and your enemies closer Darling ~Hamlet -

The only friend I truly have is Jessica. What do they mean by your enemies closer? I should keep an eye on Mia? Ugh, this person needs to be more specific cause I ain't the smartest in the bunch.

I decide to call up Scarlett to see if she wants to hang out. Funny enough, she was just about to call me to see if I wanted to. Great minds think alike.

-*-*-

Scarlett and I decided to go get some air since we're always staying in, fearing our cover possibly getting blown, but today we wanted to go out and act like any other couple: proud to be each other's. We decided to take our walk to the park seeing there's a little path. Bad idea.

As we get to the playground we are too enthralled with one another, exchanging kisses  to notice six pairs of eyes watching us with mouths wide open. We hear someone coughing like it was trying to get our attention so we both turn our heads in the direction and we got the biggest shock of our lives.