9)

"Just say yes" by Snow Patrol

This Wattpad version is completely awful compared to how the manuscript looks. Unfortunately, Wattpad is awful at allowing me to copy and paste from Microsoft word once it's in a different format. *face palm*.
If I haven't replied back to messages and comment, please know I'm really trying, I've just been insanely busy lately and it's hard to keep track of everyone. 
Happy Reading!
Alycat
***********************************

It was once I realized who the handsome man was that I immediately shut the door in his face. I didn't do it purposely; it was impulse once he spared me a breathtaking smile that seemed too sexy to be considered real. I slammed the door shut while simultaneously holding my forehead with a hand.
My mouth had just dropped open in such heavy surprise I could have probably fit a small orange into it. I blinked stupidly realizing I had just slammed the door shut on him. "Er...I'm sorry!" I squeaked, rushing around to find something to cover myself up with. Granted, the man had already seen me fully naked, so a tank top and small shorts was nothing. Still. Finding me a recently casted off hoodie, I pulled in on before realizing I wore a hideous combination of a navy NFL hoody with the SpongeBob shorts. As irrational as it was, I was really hating on that lovable cartoon right about now.

"In order to talk, darling, you should first invite me inside," said Ajax from the hallway, seemingly trying to stifle a laugh.
"H-how did you find me...?" I asked tentatively, almost feeling too nervous to open the door.
"Car service," said Ajax automatically.
Hurrying over to the antique mirror hanging on Isla's living room wall, I undid my hair from my messy low pony to fluff it out more attractively before mentally scolding myself. Why did I care how I looked to someone who obviously cheated on a girl named Jasmine!? I closed my eyes and buried my face into my hands. I un-cupped my face to watch my reflection sadly. He was a guy who cheated on his girlfriend; I had to remember that. Digging deep for the courage I did not have, I -while barefoot -went to open the door.

My drunken memory from the night we were together did not do Ajax justice. Now in full lighting where I could see him perfectly, he looked too perfect to be considered real. He held a strong jaw and high cheekbones that made the smile on his face resemble a crooked grin. Even though an adorable soft dimple was on his chin, he still had a ruggedly handsome look to him. Ajax was lean but muscled; his messy bronze hair was untidy but styled, looking as though he did not try too hard to appear attractive; he simply just was.

I tried not to stare as my memory slipped back to when I had felt the slight roughness of his five o'clock shadow tickle my skin when we kissed. It was Ajax's eyes that were the most strikingly attractive for me. They were the strangest color resembling straight bourbon. They were brown tinged with odd golden hues that caused his eyes to look warm but also mischievous. I had never seen such uniqueness in an eye color. A strange warmness flooded me thinking of the way he held me softly while kissing her agonizingly slowly...
"Why..." I trailed off, shivering slightly. I was not cold; I could just remember the intoxicating effect kissing this attractive man had on me. Even his sea-cotton scent was utterly appealing. "Why are you here?"
"You didn't stay the night," he said, only looking somewhat awkward from that statement. "May I come inside?"
"I don't feel that's appropriate."
Ajax suddenly looked rather dejected although he tried to quickly recover. "I think it is."
I had to remind myself to take a breath when he looked at her with such strong scrutiny. "I...I..."
"Please, could we speak? I promise I shall not take up too much time expressing my point."
Before I could even formulate a sentence in response, Ajax allowed himself inside while at the same time looking rather nervous. "Yes, come on in..." I said dryly, blushing as Ajax's eyes watched my bare legs specifically. I was not one to toot my own horn, but I knew I had inherited my momma's lovely shapely legs. At this moment, I actually looked a bit cute even while dressed down in silly attire suitable for a Saturday night alone rather than a Monday evening when your one-night-stand tracks you down.
My nice legs were on full display as well as the mint-green polish covering my toenails. Ajax's mouth open and closed before he seemed to remember it was not polite to stare at a woman's legs.

"You left," he suddenly accused as I closed the door behind him. I couldn't mentally accept that he was here inside the cabbage smelling apartment in person. It took great restraint for me not to blink stupidly. All I could do was bob my head in a nod. "I don't really know how to do this," he admitted, looking as awkward as he sounded. "In all honestly, the other night was a first for me. I would have come to see you sooner; work has just left me incredibly busy the last two days-"
"You were the one who left the flowers, weren't you?" I interrupted, motioning my head towards the counter that held the beautiful vase of lavender roses.