2)

"Control" by Halsey
A/N
Is anyone an editor for hire? Have fan art? Please message me! 
Happy reading!
Alycat1901

***

Even though my love life was in complete shambles and my family had been less than helpful in salvaging any self-confidence I had left, I held slight pride watching the wedding of Tim Morrow and Chloe Birchstock-Morrow go off without a hitch. It was solely thanks to my ability to work well under pressure that salvaged this near disaster. The messy wedding dress was fixed and gloriously beautiful in a matter of two hours alone. Our seamstress on call worked wonders. The bride was so dazzled by her recovered dress she stopped bawling and instead found happiness in the day. After that, a beautiful ceremony took place, one that I was grateful I got to be a part of. Originally, I hadn't planned in helping coordinate the event due to my plans to save my relationship over the long weekend...

I took a deep breath. Everything I thought of eventually led me back to thoughts of Tate. I couldn't even think of cheesy potato wedges before that brought her back to thinking of all the baseball games I attended with him. Instead, I tried to focus on the happiness the Birchwood and Morrow families were currently sporting. That alone helped absorb some of the pain.

My thoughts of Tate were halted as I conversed with coworkers. Unfortunately, soon after the ceremony was when I saw the super-happy bride and groom. That brought me back to the department of misery and self-pity. They were so very happy and full of love, I felt heartbroken thinking about my own love life. I had spent years thinking Tate and I were getting married; that one day, I would be coordinating my very own wedding. I felt one day I would have that magical fairy tale romance that a vast majority of individuals fanaticized about. That was now not going to happen. Contrary to what his twenty-plus text messages said, Tate did not love me. Someone who loved you did not cheat on you with your assistant. They did not cheat on you at all.

I didn't reply to his calls or texts, I ignored his emails. The only text I sent was to my assistant. It was a brief message to Carly that simply stated that she was fired and would be escorted out by security if she dared to show up to work on the following Monday. Granted this was a lie considering Portia's small company didn't possess security guards, the pinhead Carly didn't need to know that. It was probably illegal to fire Carly simply because she had sexual relations with a guy, but her apologetic texts to me showed she wouldn't be coming into the office again.

"Amelia, darling!' Portia cooed, pulling me from her thoughts. The head honcho of the company known as Wedding Knots came strutting over to me with amazing speed for an overweight woman wearing paper-thin heels. She glided with ease, suffering no problems with walking even though the heels were as thin as a pencil. It was perplexing to me why my boss was here of all days. Portia did not normally come to personally represent her company's weddings. That was the coordinators jobs alone. "Beautiful ceremony, absolutely gorgeous!" Portia beamed proudly. "I especially enjoyed how you incorporated the shells to help represent!"

I smiled warmly. Portia next rubbed her hands together. "Now, Daphne told me how you saved the day and came in on your day off. I'm sorry to pull you away from your free time and that marvelous boyfriend you have, but I need your help," Portia continued on, oblivious to my weary cringe at the very mention of my now ex-boyfriend. "I have a new prospective client who wants to be dazzled. She wants some of our flawless designs inspired by the ocean, and I felt strongly this wedding was the one she needed to see if she wanted to work with us."

I nodded professionally, working hard to keep the pitiful fake smile I had plastered on my face all afternoon. "Nice! On Monday I'll bring in my portfolio detailing the Birchwood affair, and-"

"I was truly hoping you could dazzle Mrs. Waters in this given moment," Portia pouted in interruption, patting the top of her own head, clearly pressing down on her lovely caramel colored weave. She seemed to be nervous as she spoke next. "You see dear, she wanted to see first-hand of what the Birchwood ceremony looked like," she hinted in a whisper, nodding behind herself.