Epilogue

The sweet melody from the cello and violin filled the cliff. I smile widely while I am looking at the man waiting for me at the other side of the aisle. Kiel is so handsome in his white tux. And my heart is swelling with my so much love for him.  

I took my time walking in the aisle made of petals from different flowers. I feel like a goddess wearing this white maxi dress with gold details. My hair is being blown by the wind.

I can't imagine any wedding better than this. Everything is simple yet solemn. And this will be the best for me because I am marrying the man I love, at our special place.

I can't help but cry when I stopped in front of the man my heart screams. He's crying as well. He reached for my hand then squeezed it tightly. We smile at each other.

"You're so beautiful, babe. I love you so much" he said in his most gentle voice. His eyes are sparkling with so much happiness despite the tears.

"I love you too, Kiel." I replied with all the emotions my heart can contain.

I can hear soft sobs from the audience. I look back and I saw how our mothers cry. Like me, they're happy as well.

Kiel squeezed my hand, I look at him and he motioned the altar. I giggled because he looks like he's afraid that I might run away.

We proceeded in front of the smiling priest.

I can't believe that this day will come. That Kiel and I will be tying the knot under the same thousand stars who witnessed how we made love for the first time.

The priest started the ceremony. I am not letting go of Kiel's hand while intently listening to the sermon. Or at least I am trying. I am so excited to be Kiel's wife.

I can feel the happiness of our baby on my tummy. I can even imagine him jumping with so much excitement. I'm sure that he's the happiest angel on this universe.

I felt Kiel's thumb rubbing the back of my palm. When I look at him, he's also looking at me. He's looking at me as if I'm the only girl in the world.

Every passing seconds feel like the longest seconds of my life. I can't wait to be his wife. In the eyes of God and in the rule of people, I want to be one with him.

We face each other for our exchange of vows.

Icen happily gave us our rings.

He's so handsome in his brown slacks and cream coat. I bent down to kiss him in his cheeks. Kiel did the same.

We both stood straight then face each other.

"Sofia Faith, my one and only babe" he smiled at me. "Thank you for everything" he cried.

He's so cute with his red nose and a little swollen eyes. God! He's so handsome.

"Babe, take this ring as a start of our life as one." He said while sliding the ring on my finger. "Matagal ko nang nakikita ang sarili ko na kinakasal sa'yo. Pero iba pa rin pala talaga kapag nandito na. Ikaw pa rin ang nag-iisang babae na nakakapag-pakaba sakin ng sobra" he chuckled. "My friends say that I can be many things. I can be an engineer, a musician, a businessman, a celebrity, or even an athlete. But the only thing that my heart desire is to be your man, the father to our children, and the one who'll hold your hand 'til the last breath. I experienced many things in my twenty six years of life. And among the list, you're the best. Everything else is senseless without you. Every success is meaningless if it's not for you" he lifted my hand to his mouth. "My love for you is the best thing that happened to me. It gave me all the happiness I deserve. It gave me freedom and peace of mind. My love for you taught me to forgive and forget. I love you, babe. And I'll never get tired of telling you that. Since the day I woke up and realized that I love you, I promised that I'll do my best to make you feel like the most beautiful and precious woman walking in this planet. And I intend to keep that promise until my last breath. Loving you is life itself, Sofia. And I thank you for letting me live" he kiss the back of my palm

I sobbed. Hard.

I reached for his ring. My hand is shaking while I am positioning the ring on his finger.

"My dear Kiel, thank you for making me believe in fairytales once more" I smiled sweetly at him. "If loving me is your life, then your love is my life as well. Since the day that I learned that you love me, everything became extra special. You taught me how to appreciate every little things. My love for you is my motivation to open my eyes in each morning. You made me feel so much gratitude that my heart can't contain at times. You made me see how beautiful life can be. You gave me more than I deserve" I sobbed. I can't help but cry hard. There's many things I want to say. but I am crying instead.

He pulled me for a tight hug.

"Words aren't enough to describe how I feel. How thankful I am. How grateful I am for your love. I love you, Kiel. I love you with my whole being. And I promise that I will love you with every waking moment of my life, I will love you with every move that I'll make, and I will love you 'til my heart can." I tried to smile at him. "From this day on, I promise that I will never gonna let you go. And I will never gonna run away."

"And I love you more... with my whole being. I completely surrender my everything for you." he kissed my hands. "No matter how bitter or sweet life might be, I will remain just for you"

I smiled at him. "And I am always for you"

The priest ended the ceremony. "You may now kiss your wife" he happily announced.

Kiel and I smile at each other like idiots. He then wrapped his arm around my waist, then caress my cheek with the other. He carefully pulled me closer to him. We stare at each others' eyes, until we're lost in our own bubble. I look at him will all the love I have, and I can see him doing the same.

My hands are wrapped around his neck, then we slowly lean closer, until our lips touched.

My tears just won't stop from falling. I love the feeling of his lips against mine. And I'll never get tired of feeling this everyday until my last day.

I almost jump when fireworks boomed on our background.

We ended the kiss and we watch how beautiful the firecrackers illuminated the night sky.

Kiel wrapped his arms around my waist. He hugged me from the back.

I can hear people's applause and their cheers for us.

"My life is a stave, and you're my note. And now, you just played the happiest melody of my life" he whispered.

And I am sure that we'll dance on our happy melodies for the years to come... together.

________________________

August 04, 2016 (Thursday) - 07:25