Chapter V

"Thank you for the flowers" Pia said then kissed me on my cheek.

I smirked at her. "You're always welcome, babe"

We're currently at a yacht and having a romantic dinner. Today is our third anniversary and I want to make it special.

"It's the first time you gave me flowers" she giggled.

I raised a brow on her. "It's not the first time"

I am giving her flowers because it's unpractical. Nabubulok din naman kasi ang mga bulaklak at sayang lang ang pera. Sa klase ng pamumuhay namin, dapat lahat ng pinagkakagastusan ay makabuluhan. We don't have lots of money to burn.

But tonight is different. This is our third anniversary and I want it to be special. I want her to feel special.

"Ah, yes! The first time was on my eighteenth birthday" she smiled.

I pouted then I shook my head. "The first time was when you broke up with Kier. Then you gave it away to some nerd bullied by some fools"

I can still remember that night. I followed her because I am worried of her. I saw her talking with Kier at a restaurant. I heard their conversation. And I witnessed how broken she was that time. I want to somehow lighten up her mood so I asked a street child to hand her a bouquet. I was satisfied when I saw appreciation on her eyes. And everything was worthy when I saw her smile. Then all of a sudden, she gave it away to a nerd guy. That time, I want to show up and snatch the flowers from that lucky guy. But I changed my mind when I saw Sofia's contented smile. She's happy to be of help. She's really kindhearted.

Part of me was disappointed because she gave away the first bouquet I gave her. But the bigger part of me was proud of her. I never met someone as kind as her. She's so compassionate and selfless.

It took her couple of minutes to remember the event.

"Really?" she asked with a wide smile. "So, ikaw pala ang secret admirer ko" she giggled.

I smiled at her. "Yes, babe."

"You're really one of kind. Kaya ang swerte-swerte ko sa'yo. I love you" she sweetly said.

"Swerte mo talaga. Kasi ang gwapo ko na, ang loyal ko pa. Rare na ang mga katulad ko ngayon" I winked at her.

"Ang yabang mo pa" natatawang sabi n'ya.

"I love you more" I replied.

For three years, I can't feel anything but happiness and contentment.

Minsan nag-aaway kami pero hindi naman nagtatagal 'yon. Pinakamatagal na away na namin ang isang oras. Tapos syempre, maglalambingan na kami.

Tulad ng normal na relasyon, nagkaka-problema din kami. Minsan problema namin ang pambayad sa mga bills, o ang pang-grocery. Pero nasosolusyunan naman namin agad sa tulong ng mga kaibigan namin. Minsan naman problema namin kapag nawawalan kami ng oras sa isa't isa, lalo na ako. Sa dami ng nagiging gigs namin nila Ashley, nawawalan na ko ng oras sa kanya. Minsan nagdadamdam s'ya, pero madalas ay iniintindi n'ya. Naaayos naman namin agad ang mga gan'ong tampuhan. Bihira namin maging problema ang selos dahil pareho kaming nagpapaka-mature.

At ang pinakamalaking nagiging problema na namin ay kapag na-de-delay ang monthly period n'ya. Natatakot kasi kami na may mabuo. Alam naman kasi namin na hindi pa kami handa. Madami pa kaming gustong gawin sa buhay namin na kaming dalawa lang. At hindi pa namin kayang magbigay ng masaganang buhay sa magiging anak namin.