Extra Test: Anxiety Factor

Shortly after Nick is guided out of the room, the exam is prepared for the next candidate. The three women are rearranged randomly across the white chairs, awaiting their new prey.

The last candidate for the day is called in.

"Rika Wood. Please proceed to room 114."

Until the test begins, the examiners exchange opinions or check messages on their smartphones.

However, this laid-back atmosphere dies once the next applicant walks through the door.

"Please hand over your phone and bag, you're not allowed to have them on you during the exam."

"Y-y-y-y-yes."

With trembling arms and stiff motions, Rika hands over her wares.

"Please proceed to the black chair."

"Y... y... yes..."

CREAK CREAK

She approaches the chair in a robotic fashion, looking white as a sheet. The stares of the examiners cleave her like spears, making him ceaselessly tremble.

As if looking at the Medusa, the examiners are stonified on top of their seats. There is something painfully unpleasant about observing this anxious woman, so much that even seasoned examiners find her difficult to deal with.

"Is she alright...?"

"Isn't it better to send the poor girl home?"

They exchange questioning glances and whispers shortly spread across the room.

"No, let's give her a chance."

Charles finishes writing down and stands up. Like a soldier sent to the battlefield, he carefully approaches the trembling Rika to explain the test.

"About this exam..."

CREAK CREAK

Rika's unoiled neck stiffly turns around. Charles raises an eyebrow, for a moment suspecting that Rika is an android, sent to this exam as a joke by a co-worker.

However, he soon perishes the suspicion after seeing the overly realistic signs of tension on Rika's face. He takes a deep breath and begins explaining the exam's rules.

"Was that clear?"

"Y-y-y-y-YES!"

"Very well. You have twenty minutes, starting from...... now."

Charles rapidly flees from the stress factory.

CREAK CREAK

Rika turns her attention toward the three white chairs. She stares through each of the cloned women in order.

No. 1 - no reaction.

No. 2 - stays calm and composed.

No. 3 - tries to smile awkwardly.

Rika locks her eyes on No.3, daggering directly into the suspect's eyes.

Her uncontrollable stress can't be contained by her own body, it passes through her fixated gaze and crawls across the suspect's skin.

"... ugh."

No. 3 breaks down and shifts her eyes away; directly meeting the gaze of the Medusa is too much for any human.

"I-it's h-h-her..."

Rika slowly raises a shaking finger and points at No.3.

"................"