Test 6: Rika, the Anxiety Queen

Wednesday comes around and I arrive in the appointed location to take Anomalia's exam.

No matter how much I searched, I couldn't find any information regarding the contents of the test. I gave up after three tiring googling sessions, spending the rest of my time on video games and japanese animation.

I walk through the reception and reach a waiting room as instructed. There are about ten people in the corridor, chatting about the mysterious exam.

"Oh, you are..."

A woman with glasses walks toward me.

She is wearing casual clothes, but there's a white coat on top of them which gives a strong impression of a lab coat.

"Thank you for the other day."

She smiles as she touches her thin framed glasses.

Glasses. Lab coat.

I remember this visage, this is Ms. Anxiety from the interview. She is that phenomenal creature whose extreme nervousness can physically manifest in the space around her.

"Oh, no problem."

I awkwardly avert my eyes from her as I speak.

There's no doubt about it, looking at her would infect me with her supernatural anxiety syndrome; I have experienced this horror before.

It's surprising, even shocking, that she successfully progressed to the next part of the interview. On the day I met her, she was like a ticking anxiety bomb.

"It was truly as you advised, the interviewers didn't inquire a whole lot about QA testing."

"Told you so."

"Your tip truly helped me to calm down. Truth to be told, I'm not very good with these sort of situations."

The same could be said about myself, but this woman isn't just "not very good"; she's a complete and horrendous disaster.

"My name is Rika Wood."

"Nick."

She stretches her right hand for a handshake, which I accept.

There's a big white sofa standing nearby, so I casually walk toward it and sit down. Rika follows suit and sits down beside me.

"Do you know what these papers are about?"

I show her the papers which were handed to me in the reception. They told me to sign these papers while I'm waiting for my turn, but they didn't give any further details.

"Everybody were given these. By signing them, you promise to not publicize the contents of the exam."

She shows me her own copy of the same papers.

"Isn't that going a little too far? What could this test possibly be about...?"

"No idea."

Her expression stiffens and her legs begin nervously striking against the floor.

"Well, whatever. I hope it got something to do with the company's androids, I'd like to see them in action ."

I try to liven the mood while quickly signing my papers.

If she finishes her transformation into incarnation of anxiety, I wouldn't be able to maintain my composure either; I can't let this weirdo ruin my chances of working for Anomalia.

"That would be wonderful."

She makes a small smile. Her body seems to loosen and the anxiety disperses... for now.