Chapter 9 - Guilt

It was the beginning of April. The finals at school were coming up. I still snuck around with Conner, still lied to Bryan. I didn't know how Conner did it, he spent more time with Bryan, anyway. You would think he would blurt it out. I don't mabey it's just me.

Bryan and I barely ever keep secrets from each other. When he's not with Conner he normally hangs out with me. Although, I have been avoiding him. He probally doesn't know what to think, or on the other hand he's getting really suspitious.

Who know!

I know, not me.

My eyes flickered across the study guide. It was so quite, but it was a public library.

I sat at a table, on the secound floor. It was a pretty neat liabary. You walked in, on your right was the librarian's desk. Straight head of you was the wooden staircase, that went straight about three steps, then did a direct turn left and went up. The rest of the room was shelfs of books that reached almost to the ceiling. Once on the secound floor, you could see about all of the first floor, because there was a giant hole (put there purposely) in the floor, with railing around the edges. You could walk around the in a circle, if you were to follow the railing. The walls lined with book shelfs, every once and a while the shelfs would be spaced a little, and a window would be there. There were circle tables placed through out, equaly between the railing, and walls. Inbetween each table was a book shelf. Along each bookshelf was a couch, for more confutable seating.

You could hear the wisper of people, but then you would hear a angry 'shhh' from somebody who was trying to read.

The table were I sat, I was almost in the middle of the room. I sat there with nobody but myself. I read my study guide again, and again.

Finally I got up and went to the book shelf. I looked throught the books, and found two related to my study. I brought them back to my table, and laided them flat, right next to each other. I picked up the science one. I flipped through till I found the page related to what I wanted.

I grabbed my notebook, put the book on the table, my notebook beside it and began to write notes.

I was finally really focused. I was so focused that I almost screamed when somebody grabbed my shoulders.

"Boo!" The voice said, in a loud whispered tone.

I spone around, ready to swing at whoever it was.

"Whoa! There," He said, as he cought my punch in his, palm.

"Uh, sorry, Conner. You scared me," I took my hand from his, and placed it over my heart.

"It's ok. So what are you doin' here?"

"Studing."

"Nerd."

"Shutup, jocky," I moved my hand to the zipper of his football jacket, and began to play with it. Then I looked into his eyes, then he leaned in and kissed me.

"Can I study with you?" He asked.

"Uh, really?" I asked.

"What?" He asked, confussed.

"You wanna be a nerd too?" I asked, a smile formed on my face.

"If it means being with you, then yes."

"Well, then come on, my jocky-nerdy boyfriend."

Conner looked at the table.

"A table all by yourself, huh?" He asked.

"Yeah, it was pretty quiet."

He walked over to my things on the table, closed the books, stacked them (putting the study guide on top of the books), and scooping them up. He pranced over to the couch. "Shall we study here?" He asked.