49. Twenty-five

We're 25 now. Barry and I.

We live together, we eat together...we sleep together.

Everything now was perfect. I loved perfect.

Those dreams stopped, everything was happy dreams now. My dad gave in and became happy for Barry and I. Peter visited us once in awhile and would bring Maryjane with him. They'd come for Thanksgiving and sometimes even Christmas.

Joe and Iris came around once in awhile too. They would come for Thanksgiving and Christmas too, and we all had a huge get together.

Barry and I were the most perfect couple you could ever imagine. I don't even remember the last time we had a fight. I couldn't wish for any more.

~

"Hey, sweetheart", Barry said, "I'm heading out."

He ran over to me at the table and gave me kiss on the cheek.

"Okay, I love you", I told him.

"I love you more", he said as he walked out the door, closing it behind him.

I smiled as he left and made my way to my computer. Barry and I had graduated college and gotten jobs. He's now a forensic scientist and I...am also a forensic scientist. Sometimes it can get a little weird because we are crazy similar. I love it when we will say the same things at the same time. When we do that, we'll look at each other after and be like, "we are one".

Anyways, I went to my desk and jot down a few things to print out. I liked doing most of my paperwork at home and not at the actual station. I feel like I just get more privacy.

Once I was finished, I changed into a pullover sweater and jeans and rushed out the door. I stopped once I was at my car and noticed I wasn't wearing any shoes. I rushed back upstairs and grabbed my black converse. I put them on and ran back down to my car. Once I got in, I made my way down to the station.

I walked into the lab to see Barry was gone. I went to my desk and saw a note reading;

Hey, was called into work. I'll be back with food for lunch. Love, Barry.

I smiled at the note and sat down at my desk. I loved when he left me notes. I think we're a little too sappy.

~

"Hey, babe", Barry said walking in with a plastic bag in his hand.

"Hey, what's for lunch?" I asked him as he sat down at his desk.

"DNA samples...gotta analyze some poop."

"Poop?"

"Cow manure. The Mardon brothers robbed a bank. The tire tracks left cow manure on the ground."

"Oh, nice."

"Also, I got Big Belly Burger for lunch", Barry said and walked over to me. He put the bag on my desk, along with a drink.

"Thanks, Bare", I said with a smile.

"Are you coming with Iris and I to see the particle accelerator turn on?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

"Awesome", Barry said, giving me a small kiss.

"I'll be right back, I need to go do some more work."

"Okay."

~

Barry was so excited for the particle accelerator to turn on. He was obsessed with Harrison Wells and all his technology and experiments at S.T.A.R labs.

"This is so exciting!" Barry whispered to Iris and I.

"You guys and your nerd stuff", Iris said.

"What are you talking about! Nerd stuff is the best stuff", I told her.

As we talked, getting ready for Harrison Wells to come in, I felt someone shove into me.

"Hey", I heard Iris yell, "That's my computer! That has all my important files on it!"

"I'll go get it!" Barry yelled.

"Barry, wait!"

I ran after him, Iris behind me. Barry cornered him in an alley. The man hit Barry in the gut with the computer, making him fall. The man ran off with the bag and jumped over a fence. But, there on the other side of the fence stood the new detective at CCPD, Eddie Thawne, stopping the man and getting Iris's computer back.

~
~Barry's Point of View~

"I'll go up to the lab in a few. I'm gonna talk with Iris for a little bit", Tyler said.

"Okay", I told her, kissing her on the cheek. "See you in a minute."

I walked into my lab, with a tissue up to my bloody nose. I looked up at my window to see rain pouring down on it, some dripping onto the floor of the lab. I walked over to my computer and turned it on to watch the particle accelerator turn on.

"I'm Linda Park", the woman began, "And we're live, outside of S.T.A.R labs, despite the weather, which will only get worse. The torrential downpour has in no way affected the particle accelerator which is running smoothly according to S.T.A.R labs CEO Harrison Wells..."

I picked up a newspaper clipping and walked over to my bulletin board. I pinned it onto the board as Linda Park continued to speak.

I looked at all the clippings of all my mother's face. The beautiful woman who was murdered by some man in a yellow suit. I know it wasn't my father and no one believed me...except Tyler.

I listened to the thunder cracking as I stepped back a little to look at all the newspaper clippings and strings of yarn around the board.

"Wait, we are now being told to evacuate the facility. The storm caused a malfunction to the primary cooling system." I walked over to look at the computer screen as she spoke. "Officials are now trying to shut down the particle accelerator but so far have been able to regain control of the-" then the power went off.

I looked up from my computer that was now off. There, outside my window was a loud bang, and an explosion that came from S.T.A.R. labs. A huge fire started as the rain still flew down.

I rushed over to my window and started to close it as quickly as possible. I looked around my lab to see all the chemicals on the shelves start floating in the air...just like what happened before my mother died.

"Hey, Barry. Are you okay? The power went out all over-" I heard Tyler say as she walked in.

I looked up to the window and saw a strike of lighting come through it and break the glass. The last thing I remembered was a high jolt of electricity run through my body.

A/N*** So this is the last chapter! Next post will be an  epilogue! Thanks for reading guys! I'm gonna start working on Book TWO!