45. Crying Away The Pain

~Barry's Point of View~

I dialled up the number and the phone started to ring.

"Hello?" Mr. Stark said into the phone.

"Mr. Stark! I think something is wrong with Tyler", I told him.

"What do you mean?"

"She ran away from me on our date tonight."

"Okay, I'm on my way to her house. Thanks Barry for letting me know", Mr. Stark said and then hung up.

I took a deep breath and waited for an update.

~Tyler's Point of View~

I couldn't stop crying. The loss of tears coming from my eyes gave me a massive headache. I felt all alone with no one. No one could understand what I was going through and no one ever would.

Multiply loud knocks came from the front door and I jumped at the sound of them. I got up from the bathroom floor and walked to the door. I opened it slowly and saw my dad standing there. I looked into my dad's worried eyes with my red puffy ones.

"Tyler..." dad said. He walked closer but all I could do was step back.

"Dad...stay away from me", is all I could say to him.

"Tyler, what happened?"

"I can't explain, just leave before you get hurt."

I ran into my room and slammed the door shut before he could get to me. I locked the door and I listened as my dad tried to open it.

"Tyler, open the door." I listened to him say. "TYLER!"

I cried into my pillows as I listened my dad scream my name. My whole life was changing before my eyes and I didn't know if it would ever get better.

~

Maybe he was gone. I had woken up after passing out from crying to much. It was the morning now and the sun blazed its way into my bedroom. I got up from bed and looked at my soaked pillow.

I shuffled my way to my door and unlocked it. I opened it slowly and saw my dad's sleeping body fall into my room. His head banged onto the floor making him instantly wake up.

"Tyler", dad said.

"No", I said, "No, no, no, no!" I tried my hardest to get away from him, but he grabbed my leg and pulled me down next to him. I burst out crying as he wrapped his arms around mine.

"Tyler, you're going to be okay", dad said to me.

"Dad, let me go", I cried.

"I'm not letting you go until you let me know what is going on."

I didn't know what to say. All I could do was cry. I could stand seeing my father's expressions. I remembered what he looked like when I got my speed, but burning red beams shooting from my eyes...he'd never know how to handle it.

"Dad...please..." I choked out.

He scooped me off of the floor and walked me over to the couch.

"Let me know what's up with you", dad said once again.

"I can't tell you."

"You can tell me anything. I am your father."

I wanted to stay completely serious but after that I couldn't for a moment. "It's not the time for Star Wars references."

"I'm sorry...but you know I can't go a day without them. Now, are you going to tell me what's going on or what?"

I looked at my dad and took a deep breath. "I don't want you to judge me..." I told him.

"I would never judge you. You're my daughter."

"What about the time I got my speed?" I asked him.

"I wasn't judging you. I was trying to help. And I want to help now, so what happened?" dad asked me as he tried his hardest to calm me down.

"The same thing happened..."

"What do you mean?"

"The guy who gave me the speed has a son...and that guy gave me another ability...."

"What?! What kind of ability?"

"I have...burning red beams...shoot out of my eyes." I told dad, tears continuously flowing out of my eyes.

His eyes widened in surprise. I tried to get up from the couch but my dad grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down into his arms.

"We will get through this, whether you want us to take away this ability or learn how to control it", dad said to me as he looked me straight in the eyes.

"Dad...?"

"Yes, honey?"

"I want this gone."

"I will do whatever it takes", my dad said with a small smile on his face. "Why don't you go get some rest?"

Dad started to get up and leave but I grabbed onto his arm. "Wait", I said. He looked back at me with worried eyes.

"Yeah?"

"Can I go home...and stay in my old room?" I asked him softly.

"Of course", he said giving me a hug.

"I love you, dad."

"I love you too, Tyler."

A/N*** I HATE MYSELF AT THE MOMENT! I've been gone for over a month! I'm so sorry guys! It's just been really hard. I thought I would have time during the summer but I didn't! Now that I've settled down a little and will be babysitting, I should have time to upload. I hope you guys didn't forget about me. I'm so glad if you guys still read this! ~Hannah