42. The Date

Two years later...

I knelt down to the floor and tried to catch my breath. I swung my head up, making my braids slap my back. I winched slightly as it hit and sighed. I fell to the floor and looked up at the white ceiling in my apartment.

I sprawled out into a star and just took a few breathers. The cold tile sent shivers through my body. I laid down there for a while and slowly closed my eyes.

~

A loud knock on my door startled me. I jumped up from the floor and looked at the time. 2:34. Shit.

Barry was picking me up for our date today. I fell asleep on my floor! I never got ready!

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, SHIT!" I yelled to myself. The knocks happened again.

"Tyler, are you okay in there?" Barry asked through the door. I took a deep breath and walked to the door. I was still in my sports bra and shorts from my run. I opened the door and looked up to Barry. He had a huge smile which slowly fainted after he saw me in my sweaty clothes.

"Barry...let me explain", I started.

"We have a date and you're not ready. I'm supposed to be bringing you to a fancy restaurant", Barry told me.

"I know! I'm so sorry! If you just give me 10 minutes, I can be ready in no time."

"Please just hurry...tonight is supposed to be a special night."

"I'll be super fast", I said and then laughed.

"What?"

"I'm literally super fast."

"Tyler!"

"Right, I know", I said and sped off to the bathroom using my superspeed.

I jumped into the shower and back out in less than a minute. I ran to my room and changed into a black dress and black heels. I shook my hair back and forth while using my super speed to air dry it quickly. I pulled it into a nice but loose bun and put on some feathered earrings. I slipped on a black and gold bracelet and grabbed my clutch from my dresser.

 I slipped on a black and gold bracelet and grabbed my clutch from my dresser

I ran out of my bedroom and saw Barry in my kitchen. He turned to look at me and his mouth dropped.

"Hey", is all I said.

"Tyler, you look stunning", Barry told me. I gave him a smile and walked closer to him. I kissed his cheek and he locked our arms together.

"Are we all set to go?" I asked him.

"Yes we are", Barry said with a smile and we walked out of the apartment.

~

"The food there was amazing", I told Barry as we walked along the side of the pond at the Central City park. Barry had his arm around my back, holding me close.

"The best part was being with you", Barry replied. I let out an awe and Barry stopped walking to look me in the eyes. "What?"

"You love me", I said in a baby tone of voice.

"Is it that obvious?" Barry said and pulled me into a hug, my head resting in his chest. Barry pulled away just enough so we could lock eyes. "Tyler..."

"Yes, Bare?"

"I want to love you for the rest of my life", Barry began, "Now I don't have a ring but, will you marry me?"

My heart ached at the words will you marry me. I clenched onto my stomach and fell to the ground. The pain in my body was killing me. I screamed and all of a sudden my eyes went red and two red beams shot from my eyes into Barry's face, burning it off.

His lifeless body fell backwards and I screamed his name. The beams went away and I ran to his body. He was dead...and I killed him.

I laid on the top of his chest, crying. What have I done?

A/N**No comments from me....but please, leave your comments.