Monster

I wanted to die.

And so I was happy that old man and his lackeys beated me. How their punches landed on me on every blow. I was ready. But of course I fought back. To show I wasn't gonna go down without a fight.

But I eventually gave in.

If everyone in this world and town would not give me a chance of proving myself. Then why live. Why would I keep living and keep hearing the word Monster.

That's what I am. That's what I'm always called. A Monster. I just want someone to treat me. Treat me human. That's what I want.

So I was ready to die. No one really care if I die. They would think 'yay another problem is gone. Hooray'

But It never happened. Instead I was saved. When I was saved. I was actually thinking why was this person saving me. While I was being beaten, no from outside the alley helped. They all passes me and my guards like nothing happened. Didn't even care. But this fellow, or person. Decided to help me. But as he was beating up the old man's henchman I was actually cussing out the guy in my mind. I decided to expect my fate but then someone comes. Someone actually came.

But I knew, I was glad a little. That someone actually came and helped. Someone took in the time and helped me. Finally someone did.

As I was watching the guy fighting the lackeys. I saw his face in the light. He looked familiar.... where have I seen him before?... I kept looking at him and trying to figure out where I seen him before. But what popped up in my mind was he was a hell of a good fighter. But I know that I seen him before... I was surprised of my self.

I'm never really good remembering people, but him....I remember him for some odd reason. That stillness. No emotion while fighting. He looked like he doesn't want to be here. More looked like he didn't even care. So emotionless. Like... dry ice....

That's it! His name or nickname was dry ice in school. He was the one who wasn't even afraid of me. He was the one who mostly...well let say put up with me in classes. But that was so long ago.. why did I remember him.

But thing that also caught me was his eyes. They were two different color..

Hmm... properly because he was the one who mostly been my partner in projects. Because others were just scared of me. I was interested in him of why he wasn't afraid of me. Or was it something else.

But as I was lying there. Still sore from the punches. I could hear over here there conversation.

"So why Kid. Why are you helping this Mafia kid?" Said the old man. It was true. I was in the Mafia. "I'm just doing the town a favor and getting rid of this Monster!"

I twitch at the name. See. I'm just a monster in peoples eyes. I'm just nothing else. Not even human to them. But as the old man kept talking. He swing his knife towards me. "Do you even know who he is" asked the old man. The guy just nodes.

Of course he knows me. Since he knew me in class couple of years ago. Also mostly everyone in town knows me. How doesn't?

But as the old man continuing talking about me. One question caught my interest and I waiting for Dry Ice to answer it. But as I waiting for his answer. Something also popped up. This situation was familiar as well. That question the old man ask. Was similar to the teachers questions. And me. Waiting for the answer of the student.

"Then why helping this scum out, Eh?. Why don't let this Monster die! Let him die in hell again!" As the old old yelled at dry ice. Dry Ice looked like he was deep thought. Then after a minute pass. Dry ice looked up and begin to speak.