As much as I tried to hate him and wish for his death, I just couldn't it. I still loved Snape and I hated myself for that.

"We have to go back inside," I hear Lauren state beside me, her voice throaty and very hoarse to indicate she had done a lot of crying herself. I look down under the floor we stood on and notice the angst and fear on every students face, the way they feared what had yet to come to this place.

I related to all of them down there.

"I'll be waiting inside," I hear the green eyed girl sigh softly. "Just don't--"

The girl doesn't finish her command and I turn to meet her eyes but she's already beginning to walk away. I furrow my eyebrows and pull her hand gently to turn her around and I ask, "Don't what?"

Lauren looks deeply into both my eyes and I notice the glossy look in them and the way they ache to say something as I give her a strange look, pleading for her to tell me. Lauren sighs and looks down at her hands before replying, "Just be careful, okay? I don't wanna lose you, too."

I feel my chest tighten at the look on her beautiful face and I can't help but lean in to plant a soft kiss to her soft lips, as delicate as the wings of a butterfly as my bottom lip greets her top one for a few seconds. I pull away and offer her a small smile as I place my hand over her cheek, feeling my heart flutter at the smile on her face.

"You won't...I promise."

There's hesitation on her face as she slowly turns to walk away and I can see her mentally debate on something but I can't seem to figure it out. I stare at the flushed girl for a couple of seconds and pause when she stops midway into the corridor, spinning around quickly. I gasp softly when she wraps her arms around my waist tightly, pushing her face into my neck like she were trying to hide. I hear her breathe in shakily and I can feel her heartbeat against mine when she whispers into my ear,

"I love you, Camila."

I freeze into the hug and feel my stomach flutter like crazy, my arms wrapping themselves around her neck before adding with a small smile. "I love you, Lauren."

Only a few seconds of our embrace, the girl soon lets go and offers me one last smile before walking through the door frame and down the corridor that leads to our room. I watch the girl as she finally shuts the door behind her and I let out a soft sigh, not wanting to remember the look on her face outside.

I lean back against the railing and calmly wait until the halls have cleared up, keeping my head down so no one gets a clear view of who I am. Once there are only a few kids walking around the quit halls, I pull my Gryffindor hoodie over my head and begin to walk down the stairs.

As much as I wanted to stop and just run back up towards the third floor where Lauren would be, I continue to walk down the end of the corridor until I'm able to see the outside of the tower. I walk down the side of the outside courtyard and jog towards the entrance of the Headmaster's tower, making my way towards the Gargoyle Corridor.

Once I reach the familiar staircase in which the grande Gargoyle statue stands proudly in the center, I firmly speak although my voice is soft and weak. "Lemon Drop,"

Only a split second after, I step onto one of the stone stairs and wait patiently as the circled corridor begins to spin farther into the upper level of Dumbledore's office. Once the staircase has stopped moving, I take a small step forward and I'm greeted by the familiar scent of wood and lavender.

My eyes slowly roam over the large office, taking in each wooden piece of furniture and artifact the old man kept up here. Days ago, all these materials would have been nothing but trash to me. But now, every single item in this room is a reminder of the beautiful soul I loved.