Chapter 7.

"Come on, Mila." Ally sighs, giving me a sympathetic smile as I poke at the unappetizing plate of goodies in front of me. "Go and talk to her, it's been a week."

With my head hung low, I only continue to lazily push my food aside to one side of the bowl, not wanting to eat anything at the moment.

I can feel the eyes of the tall, dirty blonde from the other side of the dining hall, but I don't dare to move a single muscle under her gaze. "I don't think I can.."

"That's what you've been saying for the past week," Normani sighs, taking a small bite of the medium-cooked steak on her golden plate. "I think it's time you talk to her, Mila. Who knows, maybe she won't walk away from you this time?"

She gives me a hopeful smile, taking a glance at Ally who nods eagerly as well. I take a glance at Dinah for the first time today, watching her carefully as she spoke with one of the Ravenclaw boys sitting across from her table.

She looked happier without me, anyway. I didn't understand why they wanted me to talk to her so bad when all she does is either ignore me or just walk the opposite way as I approach her.

"It's no use," I push the plate away from me. "It's over, she'll never want to talk to me now."

"Don't say that, Camila." Ally frowns, placing a small hand over my slightly bigger one. "Give her time. I guarantee you she'll break in a few days. She'll have no other choice but to finally talk to you."

"Yeah," Normani adds. "Like, tomorrow maybe? It's her quidditch game at half past twelve, right after we dine. Watch her play and show her you still care, she'll come around."

I nod, not bothering on arguing with the two girls sitting in front of me, determined smiles on both their faces.

I grab the tray of food off the table and place it over the floating stool behind me, the small wood right after flying off into disintegrating the leftovers. I walk past the girls and quickly add,

"I'll be in the dorm if you guys need me..."

They both exchange worried glances and I roll my eyes, walking straight off into the quiet hall. Everyone else was either inside the dining hall or simply back in their dorms during their only time free.

I decide to take the back staircase, leading up towards the fifth floor where most kids never really hung out there. It was the library, no one really came up here, with the exception of finishing an assignment.

The lights got dim as I walked by the empty hall, the only company at the moment were the ghosts of St. Nicholas and Mary roaming around mindlessly.

They simply flew past me, not giving me a single glance in acknowledging me. It takes me about two minutes or so to get to the back of the quiet hall before I notice two large doors, the most vintage set of carvings on both sides.

I push the heavy, wooden door open. I'm immediately greeted by the scent of old wet paper. I crinkle my nose and walk past a few shelves, the darkness of the room now uncomfortable to me.

There wasn't much to explore past the first few rows of shelves, since I was sure I had read almost every book in here. There was no point in searching for a new one, right?

I let my fingers trail over a few shelves and I find myself staring at each and every spine of a book, nothing else in mind to do at the moment.

There were many books I hadn't really heard of before, but they didn't seem to capture my attention either. So I simply walked past the old shelf and sighed softly, still not finding anything to distract me from my daily troubles.