Chapter 3: Hospital Trip

When I got to the hospital, they told me my dad just woke up and has been asking for me ever since. I found his room as quick as I could but that was not very fast considering the hospital seemed like a maze and I was the mouse trying to get through it.
    "Hey dad." I said quietly. As I looked at him in the hospital bed, my heart broke into pieces. He had a huge metal contraption around his neck and his head was bandaged.
    "I didn't fall." Was all he said.
    "What do you mean? You're here and the lady said you fell."
    "No, I was pushed." Now I was confused.
    "Someone pushed you off the deck?" He nodded. He seemed to have a hard time keeping his eyes open. "Do you know what they looked like?"
    "I was reading and heard something I turned around and there she was with him." More than one? "They laughed and picked me up. He... he hung me upside down and let... let go." He was having a hard time talking and I was going to let it be for now. "He said...said...said..." And he was gone. I got a doctor and he said the pain medication would make him sleep and would be awake in a few hours.
    Who does this bitch think she is? She can't just go around pushing people off of things. My dad could've been killed but whoever it is, he or she, doesn't care. Wait they said someone would get hurt. A moment of realization hit me like a truck; this is just the beginning if I keep talking to Cody. Heaven forbid I go near him. Crap! I shouldn't have ever hung out with the Cody guy. He's trouble but I think he can help me. Dad will still be sleeping for awhile so I have time. I decide to go talk to Cody.
***
    The 20 minute drive was a huge discussion in my head of what I was going to say. Heck! What's he going to say when I tell him someone is trying to kill me for being near him? Maybe I won't tell him everything, I'll just ask my questions and leave.
    I walk up to his house; half my brain telling me to turn around and walk away and the other half just keeps walking forward. It's too late to turn around because he sees me through his window and I'm guessing is going to open the door. This is a mistake.
    "Hey Rachael, what's up?" Too late.
    "Can I ask you a few questions?"
    "Yeah, go for it." I'm in his kitchen now because he seems to be in the middle of making something so I just sit on the counter stool.
    "You have to promise me one thing before I start." He just nods. I can see the confusion on his face. "You can't question what I'm going to ask and can't push into details, got it?"
    "Uh yeah, I promise." I could tell he didn't like this.
    "Do you have any girls that are crazy about you and seem a little too obsessed?"
    "Well I mean Britney but she's not like overly obsessive." He was thinking really hard. I could tell because of his dimple, which is super cute. Focus. "I had this ex named Alexis. She was like any great girl and then one day she was crazy and acted like I was her property. I broke up with her and got her help. She scared me but she's in rehab now because she was mentally going crazy."
    "How long ago was that?"
    "About a year."
    "Anyone else?"
    "Now that I think about it, I'm getting anonymous letters from someone that apparently loves me and I have no clue who. They keep getting put in my locker or mailbox. I have no clue why or how she got my address but I feel like a celebrity. Let's just say this is not how I pictured being famous to be like."
    "If you think of anything or anyone else just call me."
    "I know I'm not supposed to ask but what is going on?"
    "I can't tell you right now but I can say that I need to find someone that's crazy about you." He could obviously tell I was upset, I barely smiled the whole time I was here.
    He just said ok and hugged me tight. "It's all going to be ok." He whispered into my ear. He has no clue what's going on but he still knows exactly what to do. I already feel 10 times better.
    CRASH!
    We both jumped at the sound and immediately let go of each other. The sliding door going out to the porch was shattered and in the glass was a rock with a note tied onto it. I carefully picked it up and read it. I felt light headed.
    'This is a warning, Rachael. I'm capable of more than you think.'
    I completely forgot I was still at Cody's but remembered where I was when he spoke up. "You have to tell me what's going on right now." He sounded calm but firm. I just ran and left his house crying. I decided to drive back to the hospital.
My phone beeped; 'Aw did I make little miss perfect upset? Oops. >:)'
I'm guessing she's female and if that Alexis girl is still in rehab, I have no clue who it is. The secret admirer wouldn't do this because she can't blow her cover and has said nothing about me in her letters. 
I was about to go back into the hospital when I was getting a call from Cody.
"Hello?"
'Hey are you ok?'
"I'm fine." Confused, lost, sad but yeah I'm fine.
'Ok well I know you're not but we will talk later about that and fix it right up. How's your dad?'
"He's hanging in there, thanks."
'Ok well I'm just making sure you're alive because you left really fast.'
"I'm alive."
'Oh and one other thing. I don't know what I'm doing for you when I'm telling you this but I was researching and Alexis escaped from rehab so she's wild and no one knows where she is.' My heart stopped when I heard that. Alexis isn't locked up anymore and has a huge main reason to hate me. I could feel my knees going weak and the last thing I remembered was Cody saying my name and then everything went black.