LII

A/N; double update

"Are you nervous?" Calum quirked as they pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant they'd be attending, hand in hand, the brunette giving Michaels a squeeze as he glanced at him with a lip bite, "I was thinking we could spend some alone time together later?"

"I'll think about it," Michael laughed, finding it hilarious how eager the Maori was about these types of situations. It's no wonder he and his ex lasted such a long time together.

"Just remember that no matter how tonight goes, you'll always be my precious baby boy, and I really do love you, even if it may be too soon to say that."

"It's okay, I love you too, I promise," Michael giggled, and once moments passed, they were inside of the building, locking eyes with a straight couple sitting at one of the tables. One of the girls was really pretty.

"Who's this?" Michael smiled warmly as they sat down across from them, waiting patiently for Calum to introduce everybody that was now sitting at the combined and shared table. "This, Michael, is Isabelle."

Michael suddenly felt his heart drop.

"T-The Isabelle?"

"That's me," Isabelle winked, silk blonde hair laying out nicely on her shoulders as she scanned over the menu, "I know that you may see me as nothing more than his ex girlfriend, which is perfectly fine, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm not out to get you, okay?" He still didn't feel all that assured.

"I wanted you to meet her, because she's the one who helped us get together in the first place."

"Us?"

"Yes Michael, as in you and I, as in our relationship was formed because of her, and I couldn't thank her enough without celebrating what we have and what her and her new boyfriend have."

"If you have some sort of gay in you, we're cool," Michael joked, knowing that he was perfectly fine with people who were completely straight and into the opposite gender, but he felt better around people he could connect to. Thank god Calum Hood was bisexual.

"To us," Calum stated, holding up a glass of red wine with the others doing the same, despite not being really old enough. They had fake ID'S. "For finding love."

Love, that was the kind of thing that Michael couldn't easily become used to, because he was so adjusted to being rejected that knowing Calum was his was kind of a shock. A good kind of shock, of course. "To us," Michael reiterated along with the other two, rolling his eyes at how agitating Isabelle was being, and she wasn't doing anything at all.

"Calum, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Um sure," Calum mumbled as he set his glass down and followed Isabelle outside, leaving the two males to stare awkwardly amongst one another without having a conversation that didn't involve the weather or outer space. How ridiculous.

"I don't think Michael is very fond of me," Isabelle sighed, running her fingers through her hair as she leaned against the brick wall of the outside building, "I mean, he's been giving me death glares for the past hour."

"He's just afraid and kind of paranoid because we used to be in a relationship, and it's taken him a lot to start trusting me again after certain things happened."

"Certain things?"

"That doesn't matter," Calum sighed, "I want him to like you, but he probably won't because he has this idea in his head that you're still in love with me and you still miss me."

"Well-"

"And, that obviously isn't true, right?"

"Well," Isabelle stated again, shutting the brunette up as she stood up with sad eyes, "I do miss you."

"What was that?"

"This is going to sound so fucking stupid, and I'm not trying to ruin anything between you and your boyfriend, but I do miss you - I miss us, and I feel like I never gave you a chance to prove how much I mean to you, and vice versa. It hurts how much I miss you," Isabelle cried out, desperately wanting to slam her head against the wall.

"Hey, hey, hey," Calum stopped her, soothing the female by rubbing small circles into her shoulder blades, "I miss you too, but not in that-"

"Really?" Isabelle was quick to interrupt, the fire inside of her body slowly escalating into her cheeks, that resemblance of pink that Calum remembers loving, but not loving it as much as he loves it on his boyfriend. His boyfriend was still waiting inside. Fuck. "I'm so glad to hear that because I was thinking of breaking up with-"

"Not so fast," Calum laughed, pushing her chest away from him a bit as he let out a nervous breath, "I didn't say anything about getting back together."

"But-"

"Can't you see I'm happy?" Calum scolded, fists clenching as he counted to ten inside of his head, "can't you see I'm happy where I am now?"

"Well I can, but-"

"I'm happy with Michael," Calum stated, "I did want you, but you just continued to push me away because I was never good enough, and now that I've finally found someone who makes me feel that way, you want me back?"

"I-"

"No!" Calum shouted, the sound echoing through the building as Michael and Isabelle's boyfriend stared at each other nervously. Maybe we should go check on them is the first thing Michael suggested, to which the other male agreed with an anxious smile on his face. He followed the pale boy outside. "I'm not fucking into you anymore, what don't you get about that?"

"I just, maybe you're brainwashed, maybe you need some sort of reminder about what we had to convince you that I'm the one you want, not Michael."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

And Isabelle slammed Calum against the wall in the mist of a moment, colliding their lips like paintbrushes on a canvas, right as the two males planted their feet flat on the ground and stared at the sight.

"Oh my god," Michael's voice cracked, his face going pale as he stared at the sight in front of him, missing how Calum nervously pulled away and began running over to his boyfriend. "I should have known you would cheat on me. You just can't get your hands off the next pair of fucking boobs, can you?"

"Please let me explain."

"No," Michael stated in a bitter voice, teeth clenching together as he stared at his boyfriend in disgust, "I really thought I could trust you again after you left me that night we had sex and you told me you loved me. I really thought that everything you said in the mixtape meant something to you in the same way it meant something to me. But I guess we were both wrong."

"Michael-"

"Just, leave me the fuck alone and consider yourself single," Michael shouted, breaths unravelling as his heart began to burn inside of his chest, "I hope she's everything you wanted, and I hope that kiss was worth it."

And with that, Michael ran away. He didn't look back, because there was no point. Calum was a cheater, and Calum didn't care.

"Do you see what the fuck you just did?"

"Calum, I didn't mean to, I wasn't thinking, this was supposed to be a good night and I just ruined it."

"Damn straight you weren't thinking - you - you ruined my relationship after it took ages for me to win his heart back."

"I'm sorry-"

"Fuck you," Calum spat, wiping the lipgloss off of his mouth before running in the direction Michael went. He needed to fix things. He didn't want them to get bad again.

Oh how he wished this wasn't happening.

-

A/N;

Sorry.

Thoughts?

You guys are REALLY going to hate me for the next chapter haha.

Also guys, do you think biting your lip until it bleeds and hurts is a form of self-harm? Bc I can't stop doing it and I like it sigh :/

Don't forget to leave another comment and a vote and just know ily so so much. 💕