XXXV

"Who's winning?"

Michael was at another soccer game with Raine and Willow, only he arrived late and had plenty to catch up on. Calum's team was winning by six points, the other team struggling to score a goal as the brunette was quite talented at getting the ball in the net.

"Our team, but the other one is catching up," Willow reiterated, snacking on the popcorn he held in his hand loudly. That was another pet peeve of Michaels. Loud chewers.

"Okay," Michael said sadly, not really caring about sports. He was only there because he wanted to hang out with his friends and see Calum. He wasn't sure why he wanted to either, since the brunette was playing with his emotions and he still couldn't get the thought out of his head that he was slowly turning into a lost boy and needed that feeling of warmth again.

"You alright?" Raine questioned, not peering her eyes away from the scoreboard. They cared more about the opposing team losing than they did about Michaels feelings at the moment.

"Uh yeah, it's just Calum."

"You're still thinking about that son of a bitch?"

"He's a cute son of a bitch, but yeah," Michael cooed, smiling warmly at the thought of Calum. He was mad at the boy, but he also couldn't stay mad at the boy.

"According to my cousin, he doesn't go out with them anymore after they win the games. Something about being sad or whatever."

"He's sad? Really?" Michael chirped. It was nice knowing that the brunette was finally showing some sort of emotions. I mean he did before, but he acted so heartless around the pale boy that it made him question if he was even into him in the first place. But melting onto Michaels lips always answered everything.

"Yeah, and I guess he goes home and writes songs about how he's feeling or whatever."

Maybe he's writing songs about me was Michaels first thought, but he quickly put that thought to waste as he gazed back down at the tanned glory. He was beautiful, and way out of Michaels league.

Michael was so focused on creepily watching the boy move that he didn't realize that he blanked out. He didn't notice that there were hands snapping in front of his face, telling him to snap the fuck out of it. The green eyed boy tore his gaze away from Calum, looking at Raine and Willow who were glancing back at the boy in confusion.

"The game is over and they won!"

"They won, shit!" Michael shouted, immediately grabbing his draw-string backpack off of the risers and rushing towards the front of the stadium. Raine and Willow didn't even question it. They were too busy laughing their asses off to care that Michael was desperate for attention again.

The boy ran as though he hadn't run before, and why he was running was something he wasn't sure of. But he kept going, and he kept mentally whining over the fact that it was a long way to go, but by the time his vision stopped blurring and he could see white jerseys clearly, he bumped into Calum.

"Hey, watch where you're- Michael?"

The brunettes eyes softened as the pale boy fell into him, or on him in this case, though the Maori was strong enough to lift his friend back up into the air without struggling. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you."

"I thought you were mad at me."

"I am."

"What?"

"Dammit," Michael rolled his eyes, pulling Calum into an empty space where nobody was, just before slamming him into the wall and pressing his lips against the brunettes. Calum melted into the kiss again, and that's exactly the kind of reaction he wanted to get.

"How do you feel about me?"

"How do I feel about you?" Calum choked out, his eyes going elsewhere, "Michael, we've been over this. You know how I feel about you."

"Well with your mixed signals nowadays, I can't tell anymore," Michael sighed dramatically, his hands falling from the wall and landing on Calum's waist, the tan boy feeling intimidated under his gaze despite knowing that he was the more dominant one in their relationship.

"I like you."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, fuck," Calum replied before Michael's lips were on his again, and both boys pulled away breathlessly with tinted cheeks of red and smiles that could have cut the tension instead of a knife, "I like you so much. And I really really like your lips. They're so kissable."

Michael rolled his eyes, pushing Calum back into the wall before separating the two and adding distance between them. "Then prove it."

"What?"

But his question was never answered, because Michael just walked away. Now was more of a time for the mixtape than ever, Calum thought, but finishing it now was impossible.

-

From; boy with cute freckles ; Hey, what are you up to?

Michael only laughed, eyes glancing at the screen in front of him as he scanned over the message that the boy sent him. He was cute, but he wasn't Michaels type. And he was far too into Calum to ever leave him for a random boy he just met.

Michael ; Not much. Just left my friends soccer game. You?

From; boy with cute freckles ; Sitting home alone and watching TV. Wanna hang out for a while? We could go to the mall or somethin.

Michael only replied with sure and his address to be picked up at, because having new friends was nice. He wanted to experience that kind of thriller adventure again anyway, and having a new guy in his life to guide him in that direction is the way he wanted to go about things. But getting Calum off of his mind was impossible, because he's all he ever fucking thinks about.

Speaking of Calum, Michael looked down at his phone to see that he had a few incoming texts from the boy, which only made him groan. Why did he have to be so complicated with things?

Calum ; I hope you didn't actually delete my number...but I really do like you, Michael.

Calum ; I'm sorry I'm so damn bipolar about everything and I act like I don't know what I want. Isabelle talked some sense into me and made me realize you're all I want and it's killing me that you're ignoring me honestly.

Calum ; Please just give me a little more time to figure things out. I promise you won't regret it.

Michael sighed. He really didn't want to give in as easily, but this is Calum he was talking about.

Michael ; Whatever dude.

And that was the last text Michael sent before the freckled boy pulled up to his house, ready to start their adventure.

But little did Michael know that it wouldn't be fun at all.

-

A/N;

So um thoughts?

This is just a shitty filler and a shitty chapter and a shitty story overall. Sigh.

What do you guys think happened at the mall with freckled boy? It'll be in the next chapter but I wanna know what you guys think.

Also, I'm thinking about writing this story where Michael and Calum are the fathers of a girl named Ashley (halsey) and are overprotective when she meets a girl on her badlands tour. And idk really about the plot rn but I think it'd be a cute idea and idk would any of you read it? Lmao probably not.

AND I WAS STUNG BY A FUCKING BEE/WASP TONIGHT IN MY OWN DAMN BEDROOM AND NOW IM IN THE LIVING ROOM, SO CONGRATS, ME.

Don't forget to leave a comment and a vote and just know ily all soooo much. 💕